Eliminating Blue Clove Polyps with Fenbendazole

jsh mee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Am i the only person who love those clove polyps? I have them all over my tank too and honestly they really bring out my coral colors. Ineed they are invasive but not aggressive. They grow on my rock preventing any algae on my rock so my tank is algae free. My tank is full blown sps and it doesnt bother the sps at all
They don't cause any harm to sps or lps because they're non-agressive, but they'll wreck zoas in no time. They grow right up the side walls until they've completely covered the zoas like a coat of plastic wrap.

OP
OP
Peanut

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know how coco worms, duncans, and clams hold up against fluke tabs?

I don't know for sure, but a de-wormer so coco worms sound like they would not like it. But...where are you getting fluke tabs? its my understanding they haven't been manufactured for years

tcup25

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I went ahead and treated. I removed the coco worms that I could. So far they look unhappy but are still alive. I know there can be die off for a couple of weeks so we will see. The Duncan's and clams are doing great. I may lose my pipe organ coral though.
I got the tabs from another hobbyist that had some left over.

OP
OP
Peanut

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I went ahead and treated. I removed the coco worms that I could. So far they look unhappy but are still alive. I know there can be die off for a couple of weeks so we will see. The Duncan's and clams are doing great. I may lose my pipe organ coral though.
I got the tabs from another hobbyist that had some left over.

good luck, let us know how it all turns out.

Kammetal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just found this thread! amazing info on here thank you I am going through a infestation. Problem is its on my corals too!

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm just at 48 hours. Blue cloves are now white dots. Tomorrow I will do a 20% water change and add a bag of charcoal to help pull the med out of the water.
Before
IMG_0639.JPG

After
IMG_0640.JPG

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set my AWC to do 20 gallons/day. My overall system is 100 gallons. I will do 3 days of 20 gallons. I also dropped in a bag of carbon to help soak up med. BCP continues to fade away.

ndrwater

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... Been contemplating this for a while. Think I am about to pull the trigger, but... Question first. I have at least 2, maybe 3 Tiger Tail cucumbers in my tank. Knowing these can potentially be toxic if they were to die, I would like to know if anyone has had any experience using Fenbendazole with cucumbers?
It is possible I could find and remove them, but, if not, what is the general consensus as to whether they would make it or not?

OP
OP
Peanut

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So... Been contemplating this for a while. Think I am about to pull the trigger, but... Question first. I have at least 2, maybe 3 Tiger Tail cucumbers in my tank. Knowing these can potentially be toxic if they were to die, I would like to know if anyone has had any experience using Fenbendazole with cucumbers?
It is possible I could find and remove them, but, if not, what is the general consensus as to whether they would make it or not?

I would also be concerned, especially considering the possibility they go toxic, do what you can to remove them is what I would do. why chance it.

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are all gone. I can't even see any remains. Now I'm working on getting the meds out of the tank. I've been doing 20 gallon water changes and a bag of carbon. I pulled some Xenia out prior to dosing the meds, tomorrow I will try putting one back in. When I dosed the tank, the Xenia were the first to die. I tried putting a Xenia back in after doing a 40-50% water change and my first bag of carbon. It survived for about a day and a half. So I put in a fresh bag of carbon and did another 40 gallons (40%).

Kammetal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine are all gone. I can't even see any remains. Now I'm working on getting the meds out of the tank. I've been doing 20 gallon water changes and a bag of carbon. I pulled some Xenia out prior to dosing the meds, tomorrow I will try putting one back in. When I dosed the tank, the Xenia were the first to die. I tried putting a Xenia back in after doing a 40-50% water change and my first bag of carbon. It survived for about a day and a half. So I put in a fresh bag of carbon and did another 40 gallons (40%).

Ya i noticed my green star polyps amd pipe organ corals are extremely irritated. I dont want them to die should i pull them out?

OP
OP
Peanut

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

awesome, so glad to hear!

KenO

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya i noticed my green star polyps amd pipe organ corals are extremely irritated. I dont want them to die should i pull them out?
If you dosed the tank with them in there, it may already be too late. You can try removing them. I've been reading on another thread that Fendendazole takes a long time possibly months to eliminate from a tank once it is used. Sounds like it gets absorbed into the rocks.

Kammetal

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya they are not happy here the gsp thinking of removing them
2689fcbcd3babb0c83bd8116a69a279e.jpg

pipe organ

cf661fa2f7f26c6bdfd4300dacb7fcae.jpg

Blue clove polyps

1c986e07840eef31e9c25022237a513c.jpg
867c4d6021c923ed6b32257758ad77af.jpg