Emerald Crab hanging right by BTA?

ugchoi

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 29, 2023
Messages
5
Reaction score
1
Location
US
What state or country do you live in
New Jersey
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi so recently we got an emerald crab that’s a little bit bigger in size… I would say he’s maybe 1” across? Definitely bigger. The BTA I have has been hosting my clown for awhile and suddenly have been noticing that the emerald crab specifically is hanging right by the BTA and almost picking at it? The BTA seems fine for the most part but I did lose a clownfish earlier this year to a crab accident so now I can’t trust them. What is this emerald crab doing and do you think there’s any risk of him either killing my clown or hurting my BTA? Attached video to show his behavior!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2214.mov
    78.4 MB
To the sump with him.. I have Mr. Crabs in mine right now cause a cleaner shrimp came up missing... then i have seen him picking at my devil's fingers... i have a harlequin and 2 clowns i won't risk.. plus i had no clue for two years i even had an emerald crab...
 
To the sump with him.. I have Mr. Crabs in mine right now cause a cleaner shrimp came up missing... then i have seen him picking at my devil's fingers... i have a harlequin and 2 clowns i won't risk.. plus i had no clue for two years i even had an emerald crab...
Oh my goodness! hahahha how did you not know?? He hitched a secret ride in a rock or something?
 
I wouldn't worry about an emerald harming a healthy bta.
 
i've never seen emeralds go after healthy fish. I HAVE seen them go after a dead or dying fish struggling on the bottom.
I have a mega emerald crab and he sleeps next to my biggest BTA every night, but doesn't bother it. must just be a crab thing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new