Emerald crab nipping at torch?

Medmondsii

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
May 31, 2021
Messages
127
Reaction score
38
Location
Indiana
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do emerald crab nip at torches are night? I took some pictures. I thought they were reef safe? Anybody have this issue before?

PXL_20220731_040658746.MP.jpg PXL_20220731_040701722.MP.jpg
 
Might be going for algae around the base? I would think the torch would be retracted if the crab was trying to eat it.

Do you feed the crab?
 
I wish i can find the video i had one eating chunks of my acan he got thrown right in the sump
 
I came home from vacation to fins my emerald eating what was left of my new duncan.
I cant know if it was the emerald that started it or the peppermint. Both got sumped
 
Might be going for algae around the base? I would think the torch would be retracted if the crab was trying to eat it.

Do you feed the crab?
i dont feed the crab. all it does is hide all day.
 
Keep an eye on it. I've had EC destroy some corals... don't have any in my tank today.
 
emerald crabs are know to eat LPS corals, so dont be surprised if you see it gone one day. I had a halloween crab eating on my sps, I was lucky the are easy to remove... I have emerals crabs in my sps tank, and they dont do any harm to sps, they like fleshy soft food...
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 8 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 27 17.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 56 35.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 2 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 11 6.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 6.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 24 15.1%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 10 6.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new