EMERGENCY (Freshwater), Help please

I agree with upping the temperature helps while fighting the infection. It speeds up the parasite life cycle and if you do a bunch of water changes you're removing the free floating stage before the parasite can attach to a new host (fish).

FW ich can remain dormant for a long time until some stress weakens the fishes' immune systems. Stress can be poor water quality (a very common problem), new fish introductions, or breeding.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 2 33.3%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 1 16.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new