Emergency ph issue

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I had to rearrange a couple things in my cabinet. I labeled everything and unplugged it so get some management going. Plugged everything back in abs now my ph probe 2 on my expansion card for my carx is reading 10.50 and *** on the controller. My solenoid isn't turning on and if I do a manual turn on and fully open the bubble count the ph doesn't even drop. My co2 tank is below 500 on psi but definitely not on 0. Any thoughts?

OP
OP
ajhudson15

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even if my tank was gone my dt is running 8.4 ph so my carx reactor should be coming down closer to it

OP
OP
ajhudson15

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I turned the circ. And feed pump off and then back on is it possible there is an air pocket in the ph probe causing a bad reading

sylvius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an unused pH probe slot on an expansion port that reads 10.5 with nothing plugged in. If it’s a pH card with a second port for something else are you certain you haven’t plugged the sensor in the wrong connector? Super easy mistake to make (writing from experience)

OP
OP
ajhudson15

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an unused pH probe slot on an expansion port that reads 10.5 with nothing plugged in. If it’s a pH card with a second port for something else are you certain you haven’t plugged the sensor in the wrong connector? Super easy mistake to make (writing from experience)
I thought that but did check. The top port is a cond port and the bottom is the ph. I did go in and make sure the ph sensor was set to active and I unplugged and replugged it back in but nothing. The ph probe is less than a year old

sylvius

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a sensor plugged into the cond port and is it working? Can you plug your primary pH probe into the expansion and vice versa to see if the problem moves with the probe? The probes get to be such a rat’s nest of wires even trying to be neat...

OP
OP
ajhudson15

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have a sensor plugged into the cond port and is it working? Can you plug your primary pH probe into the expansion and vice versa to see if the problem moves with the probe? The probes get to be such a rat’s nest of wires even trying to be neat...
There is nothing in the cond port. The second ph probe in having issues with is a brs probe and it has blue on it so I know i didn't get it mixed up.

Lasse

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reading pH 10.5 is a sign that the readings is of the card. Can be caused by no probe in the port, a fault probe in the port, a probe with other specifications or a fault measuring circuit. Switch the probes and you will find out if it is the probe that´s broken down or if it is a fault circuit. Be sure that the extension card is properly plugged in.

Sincerely Lasse

OP
OP
ajhudson15

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reading pH 10.5 is a sign that the readings is of the card. Can be caused by no probe in the port, a fault probe in the port, a probe with other specifications or a fault measuring circuit. Switch the probes and you will find out if it is the probe that´s broken down or if it is a fault circuit. Be sure that the extension card is properly plugged in.

Sincerely Lasse
Everything was fine until I unplugged the unit I never touched the probes. I can open the unit and make sure the expansion card is still in properly

Vinny@GHLUSA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Make sure the card is fully inserted into the exp.slot
2. Temporarily switch the pH port to redox mode and connect a redox probe to it, then calibrate the redox probe. If the probe reacts, the port is working.
3. Revert back to pH mode, calibrate pH probe, let probe sit in ph7 fluid. If probe does not react, change probe.

If problem continues, open a support ticket and provide ADC1 and ADC2 values.

OP
OP
ajhudson15

ajhudson15

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. Make sure the card is fully inserted into the exp.slot
2. Temporarily switch the pH port to redox mode and connect a redox probe to it, then calibrate the redox probe. If the probe reacts, the port is working.
3. Revert back to pH mode, calibrate pH probe, let probe sit in ph7 fluid. If probe does not react, change probe.

If problem continues, open a support ticket and provide ADC1 and ADC2 values.
just out of curiosity. what does ghl recommend using for carx probe calibration. I was told to use the 4 and 7 since it was in a carx. is this accurate?

Back