Encrusted Coral Skull Thread

I'll have to get a better one this weekend. The backside is the furthest down right now, which obviously tells me I need to push it back. There are lots of critters that sleep underneath and I always feel bad when I relocate their home.
1732241613260.png
 
Last edited:
This one is mine. It's actually nearly fully encrusted now. Took about 4 years - but it's pretty large, bigger than a baseball. I have a love/hate relationship with it. My husband grabbed it at RAP when I wasn't looking.

SKULLY.jpg
Mine was doing great and then I came home from work most of it
Is dying
 
Mine was doing great and then I came home from work most of it
Is dying
Here's mine...I'm hoping he makes a comeback he was doing awesome for a while...hermits may have irritated him. I find them in him every now and then.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_6925.jpeg
    IMG_6925.jpeg
    226.6 KB · Views: 131
Do you guys have to do anything to the skulls before you stick them in and what are the skulls made out of? I had one in my tank but it started deteriorating so I took it out.
 
Just use a plain plastic skull, glass works too.
For the small plastic one I used there was a need for some cleaned up the flash along the manufacturing seams, roughed it up a little with sandpaper. Also suggest poking some small holes in it to let air out ( or it floats ), and glued it to a piece of frag rock for weight.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 26.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 27.9%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 9 13.2%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 10.3%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new