Encrusting coral ID

London_pico_reefer

New Member
View Badges
Joined
May 27, 2020
Messages
22
Reaction score
15
What state or country do you live in
United Kingdom
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone, bought this encrusting sps, looks maybe like a leptastrea of some kind but I don’t see any kind of big polyps, maybe it’s closed but not too sure, any help with an ID would be great

D5483C62-4E2B-4119-89F2-DDF5CAF7EB26.jpeg 525B8BAB-1C67-41CE-A0DF-7F7432251AB0.jpeg
 
Looks like lephastrea coral
 
Not leptastrea at all. Prob Pavona maldivensis.
Yeah didn’t think so polyps weren’t big or ‘out’ enough agree with pavona though, thanks for the Id :)
 
Isn’t that a pavona? I could be wrong.
Now that I can view on a screen larger than a phone screen, This is indeed Pavona cup and is an SPS that can be fairly hardy. Its also called cactus coral
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 28.6%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new