OP
Radman73

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Goby is still struggling. Saw some additional flashing Tuesday and he appears to have some swim bladder issues as well. He frequently swims tail high but at times he's able to chill on the bottom as well. He's also very weak as when I turned on a 240GPH power head he again would have been sucked into it had I not turned it off.

I'm feeding him food with metroplex and kanaplex mixed in. No distended belly. No apparent bacteria infection. I do believe that he's breathing heavily.

Prepping a FW dip today to see if anything comes off of him. Copper Power has been maintained at at least 2.5ppm for over a week.

OP
OP
Radman73

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ironically no issues with swimming in the FW dip. Right back to tail up once back in the QT tank...

Solid 5 minute FW dip and it doesn't appear as though anything came off of him so I'm guessing whatever his issue it isn't flukes.

I've dosed furan-2. So that's metroplex and kanaplex via food and furan-2 in the water. Should I stop the medicated food and dose the water with metro and kanaplex?

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've dosed furan-2. So that's metroplex and kanaplex via food and furan-2 in the water. Should I stop the medicated food and dose the water with metro and kanaplex?

Unless you are seeing active signs of a bacterial infection, I would treat with copper only. That may be too many meds all at once.

Is he still eating? Also, could you transfer him to a clean/sterile (non-medicated) QT after 10 full days in copper?

OP
OP
Radman73

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unless you are seeing active signs of a bacterial infection, I would treat with copper only. That may be too many meds all at once.

Is he still eating? Also, could you transfer him to a clean/sterile (non-medicated) QT after 10 full days in copper?

Yep, still eating. Yes, I can transfer him to another tank. Just need to set it up and get salinity and temp right. He's been in copper for 14 days as of today. But I saw flashing, for the first time since introducing copper, 2 days ago.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep, still eating. Yes, I can transfer him to another tank. Just need to set it up and get salinity and temp right. He's been in copper for 14 days as of today. But I saw flashing, for the first time since introducing copper, 2 days ago.
Water and salt in sterile QT tank. Probably take 30-60 minutes for salt to mix and temp to come up.

Just make sure it is at least 10 feet away from the treatment tank and reuse nothing (from the treatment tank) to set it up. All new tank, equipment, water, etc.

OP
OP
Radman73

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just make sure it is at least 10 feet away from the treatment tank and reuse nothing (from the treatment tank) to set it up. All new tank, equipment, water, etc.

Best I can do right now is 6ft away but behind a door in a closet. I have equipment for 3 QT's so no worry of anything being reused.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best I can do right now is 6ft away but behind a door in a closet. I have equipment for 3 QT's so no worry of anything being reused.

Shut off all pumps prior to transferring, and break down QT#1 immediately after transferring. Move everything away from QT#2.

OP
OP
Radman73

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Then he should be clear of ich/velvet; how is he looking today?

Still looking rough. Generally is tail up and often just lets the current take him wherever before swimming a little bit. Steal eating well though, so there is that.

I see him rubbing the side of his head on the glass too.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see him rubbing the side of his head on the glass too.

He might have (prazi resistant) flukes. Do you think he could handle a 5 min FW dip to check? Otherwise, you could just drop SG to 1.009 for 5 days to eliminate any remaining flukes.

Humblefish

Dr. Fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Radman73

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick update.

Goby is still alive. Still struggling to keep its tail down. It is funny as at times it can sit perfectly still and stay level but eventually the tail will slowly drift up. I don't see as many barrel rolls as I did when I first transferred it over. Still eats very well. Plan is to continue soaking food with selcon and just give it time and see if it improves.

OP
OP
Radman73

Radman73

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it seems to be getting better. Staying level much more frequently now though it still goes tail high sometimes. Really hard to figure out what's wrong. Still feeding multiple times a day to try and get its strength up.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 18 8.1%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 39 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 149 66.8%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.7%
Back