Entire tank all corals dying.

alexytman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
All my lps are suddenly peeling off skeleton at once.

Some soft corals I think are being eaten by crabs ever since I remove my eel.
Everything is doing horrible

The only thing left are sps but with all this stuff dying, I don't know what to do.

My ammonia and nirite 0
Nitrate 10
Phosphate 0.05

Mag 1200
Cal 400
Dkh 8.9

I'm very confused

geekengineer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wish I could help but I'm new to reef keeping. I just hope someone can help I'm really sorry to hear your having trouble. :(

EDIT: I assume you did try a water change maybe if something toxic in your water.. shrug..

Junkie

Addicted since 05'
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Temp/temp swings, Salinity? Make sure you’re checking salinity with a calibrated refractometer or hydrometer. A water change with appropriate chemistry can never hurt. Sorry to hear about your troubles.

SPR1968

No, it wasn’t expensive dear....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well if the crabs are eating the corals, try and take the crabs out is a simple solution to that

You don’t say how big the tank is, but if it’s potentially something toxic in the water, carry out a series of 20% water changes over a week or so and get some fresh saltwater in the system.

Your magnesium level is very low and this is a key element in the water chemistry of the tank so you need to raise that either as part of the water changes above, or add some magnesium supliment over a period of days to raise that to around 1320 or whatever your target is. This ‘could’ be a cause of poor coral health, as I experienced low magnesium recently and it can cause issues, but it could also be something in the water

See below
http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-05/rhf/

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Remove crabs to sump, reduce the nitrate and stop dosing MAG a few days to lower a little.
What is yourwater temp and salinity? Lighting- what colors are you running at (whites and blues)?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.3%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back