Equipment for new nano tank?

sawblade

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been out of reef keeping for 15 years, my last tank was a 150 gallon coral tank with a 200 gallon sump in the basement. I really want to get back into keeping sps and softies but I don't even know where to start with the best equipment. I really like the aio 20 gallon looks but what to get with it for pumps, top offs and skimmers, lights and filters? I noticed there are lots of builds but Noone asking what is the best to get to start with and is there a all in one tank that already has everything that is good quality? I learned from my previous tank that going cheap never saved money. Recommendations would be great thanks Jeff

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been out of reef keeping for 15 years, my last tank was a 150 gallon coral tank with a 200 gallon sump in the basement. I really want to get back into keeping sps and softies but I don't even know where to start with the best equipment. I really like the aio 20 gallon looks but what to get with it for pumps, top offs and skimmers, lights and filters? I noticed there are lots of builds but Noone asking what is the best to get to start with and is there a all in one tank that already has everything that is good quality? I learned from my previous tank that going cheap never saved money. Recommendations would be great thanks Jeff
I did a tour on all my equipment on my nano tank! Here is the build thread and then the video link!

MONTANTK

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have pretty extensive experience with AIOs. If you purchase an Innovative Marine, Waterbox, or even Fiji Cube, the stock pumps are very good. I personally don’t use skimmers on tanks under 30 gallons but everyone is different. I’d also recommend a Nero 3 for most of the AIOs. As far as lighting is concerned, this is more so up to you. I really like the AI Primes but everyone has their own preference. Fwiw, I’m trying out reefbreeders on my new build. Looking forward to seeing you get something started!

Back