Equipment help

AlphaSunman

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 27, 2024
Messages
10
Reaction score
23
Location
Houston
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone, I just set up my Red Sea MAX Nano G2 and I am planning on making it a lps and softies tank with some fish but I’m wondering what wave maker I should get or if I really need one.

And if you have any other advice or equipment recommendations to help me be prepared please let me know.

Thanks for the help

IMG_3235.jpeg
 
No you don’t need one for a small lps tank, could just use directional locline outputs and a semi-strong return pump (I’m not sure how strong the factory pump on a RSM is)
 
No you don’t need one for a small lps tank, could just use directional locline outputs and a semi-strong return pump (I’m not sure how strong the factory pump on a RSM is)
Thanks for the info! Where would you recommend pointing the output? At the glass or directly at the corrals?
 
I would add a wavemaker just to kick up any debris and let it get filtered out of the system. Jebao elw 10 looks like their new model of nero clone. Go a little bigger on pump size and run at a lower setting to reduce noise and increase longevity
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 46 33.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.6%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.6%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new