crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a story behind this? Lol

They're usually are stories. With me, it's stories behind my stories! :p

Edit; yup, I committed one of my very own pet peeves. I used the wrong form of "they're". Corrected.

Last edited:

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm not sure if it will be possible, but I would like to try to get as many of my fish from people who have bred them as possible, as opposed to getting them from a pet store. I know that clowns have been bred by hobbyists, but I don't know about the other fish I want to get. I know that won't completely eliminate the possibility of parasites, but I'm hoping it will significantly lower the chances. Plus, I'd rather support the "little guy" if I can
Look at sustainable aquatics

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just a heads up about canisters they are known nitrate factories.

I'm sure the answer to the following question is somewhere in your build thread but I prefer to take the easy way out rather than search your thread. Do you run any biological in your FX6?

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm sure the answer to the following question is somewhere in your build thread but I prefer to take the easy way out rather than search your thread. Do you run any biological in your FX6?
Yes matrix

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sustainable definitely carries some outstanding fish. However, I would certainly not consider them a little guy.
Nope they are not but they are great at producing quality fish that are captive bred.

Deezill

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I just can’t help but add my two cents regarding the damsels.

I had the same thought as you; “...because I want some blue in my tank.”

I added four to our tank and what an absolute headache and stressful ball of frustration it had been. They have been nothing short of a nightmare - constant aggression toward other tank mates.

At one point we drained the tank TO THE SAND BED in an attempt to catch them and end their wretched lives, but failed.

I would pay someone handsomely if they could get them out of my tank.

Maybe you’d have better luck (maybe not). Haha
[/QUO
I just can’t help but add my two cents regarding the damsels.

I had the same thought as you; “...because I want some blue in my tank.”

I added four to our tank and what an absolute headache and stressful ball of frustration it had been. They have been nothing short of a nightmare - constant aggression toward other tank mates.

At one point we drained the tank TO THE SAND BED in an attempt to catch them and end their wretched lives, but failed.

I would pay someone handsomely if they could get them out of my tank.

Maybe you’d have better luck (maybe not). Haha
Yeah, I have had some fish I wanted out of the tank all of them named dammits. Damsels are not bad if there are bigger fish in with them.

Last edited:

sfin52

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhhh... did I ever share the thread with you, from the PlantedTank forum, about Matrix vs. Pumice and the testing and results that took place?
I believe you did when @Magellan and I where discussing it. Im still looking into if pumice contains metals. Maybe you could answer that

Magellan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe you did when @Magellan and I where discussing it. Im still looking into if pumice contains metals. Maybe you could answer that
He did. And, Nothing your carbon won’t absorb!

supposedly, the large block of Marine Pure will leech tiny amounts of aluminum overtime, but unless you never change your water and don’t run carbon I can’t see an issue even with that.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He did. And, Nothing your carbon won’t absorb!

supposedly, the large block of Marine Pure will leech tiny amounts of aluminum overtime, but unless you never change your water and don’t run carbon I can’t see an issue even with that.

Pumice does not contail any metals, per se. It may contain metal oxide(s). Also, there are applications where pumice is coated with metal oxides to increase its capacity.

For purposes of using pumice in aquariums, it is inert.

To make the water murkier (pun intended), no one knows what Matrix is composed of other than the people at Seachem. And to add some mystery, Seachem does not provide specific answers to questions about the properties of Matrix. Furthermore, they will neither confirm not deny the presence of metal oxides in Matrix.

As @Magellan alluded, the presence of GAC will remove most metals through adsorbtion. Side note; I get a little bit of a kick out of it when people/companies say that GAC absorbs anything. GAC does not absorb anything but does adsorb all kinds of different properties.

crusso1993

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The story is that you should never, ever listen to @crusso1993 when he gossips ;)

when it comes to saltwater, absolutely listen to everything he says!

Gossip? I may bust a lot of stones, be a lot of things but a rat and gossip are not in the list! ;)

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 66 85.7%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 6.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.9%
Back