ESHOPPS Mariner 70 Build

Ok, Algae Scrubber install complete! It's not as good as the old one was. A redesign on the main body may be in order.
 
Works better with the picture...
1000008555.jpg
 
This looks Really nice Tim . What seems to be the issue ?
The "waterfall" is a slit in the plastic tubing. Unfortunately I made it too wide of a slit (more of a slot?) so the water just kinda pours out in a stream rather than a sheet. The redesign will:
  • Align the water falling more with the screen
  • Allow the water to fall more evenly instead of all in one spot
  • Allow things to fit a little more loosely to make harvesting easier
It'll work as is, it's just less efficient the way it's currently designed. All part of the Beta Testing program.
 
The "waterfall" is a slit in the plastic tubing. Unfortunately I made it too wide of a slit (more of a slot?) so the water just kinda pours out in a stream rather than a sheet. The redesign will:
  • Align the water falling more with the screen
  • Allow the water to fall more evenly instead of all in one spot
  • Allow things to fit a little more loosely to make harvesting easier
It'll work as is, it's just less efficient the way it's currently designed. All part of the Beta Testing program.
Out side of making it easier to harvest could you make a refractor piece to set on top of we’re the unit puts water in as apposed to redesigning the unit ?
 
Out side of making it easier to harvest could you make a refractor piece to set on top of we’re the unit puts water in as apposed to redesigning the unit ?
Yes BUT I'd rather have a solid product designed in case I print it again in the future.
 
I spent most of the day fighting with the printer. Both plates, multiple attempts at leveling, changing temps, changing filaments and im done. Never been this frustrated with something in a long time. So yeah fun day.
 
I spent most of the day fighting with the printer. Both plates, multiple attempts at leveling, changing temps, changing filaments and im done. Never been this frustrated with something in a long time. So yeah fun day.
Sorry. I was there for a few weeks trying to get the stupid thing dialed in. Ended up replacing the nozzle, one of the cam locks for the PTFE tubing, and the PTFE tubing itself. Then, I ran an auto level, saved it, and then dialed in from there.

First print was the temp tower once the center level was good enough to be close and stick(PETG is 245 for me).
 
Sorry. I was there for a few weeks trying to get the stupid thing dialed in. Ended up replacing the nozzle, one of the cam locks for the PTFE tubing, and the PTFE tubing itself. Then, I ran an auto level, saved it, and then dialed in from there.

First print was the temp tower once the center level was good enough to be close and stick(PETG is 245 for me).
Wow ! I thought the hardest part was getting it coded . Never thought about the mechanics
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new