Eshopps PF-300 Overflow. LOOOUUDDDD!!!

Dan_P

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man this thing is loud!! How can I fix that? Or can I?

This would not play on my iPad. Send a photo of the equipment that is noisy.

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I ran the p300 I made a cover out of plastic for the back panel of the overflow box it made it much for silent. Let me find a thread for you where people modified.

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Bnutz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an eshops overflow in my bedroom tank that I've tried everything to quieten down. The only thing I found that made a huge difference was slowing flow wayyyy down. Like 30% of a dcp 3000 and the ball valve at 50%.

jd371

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two HOB overflows, one on my 20g and the other on my 75g. The first thing is to toss that foam and tube and build yourself a Stockman Standpipe like this one. They're easy to make and just a few bucks in material. It doesn't have to be exactly like in the video but gives you an idea of what it should look like.
My 75g is right next to where I watch TV so that had to be quiet and after installing the Stockman it's almost silent, the only sound you hear is the faint trickle of the water going through the drain pipe. For the 20g I did the same and it quieted down the overflow but there was still a lot of noise coming from the sump where the water was gurgling in the first chamber. To remedy this I installed a valve on the drain tube just above the sump, slowed the water flow just a little so it stopped gurgling and all is good

Deep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Man this thing is loud!! How can I fix that? Or can I?

the gurgling sound is most probably because you have the overflow section highup in the tank. Use the plastic screw to adjust and lower the black overflow box inside the tank so that the level of water is higher. that way water flowing in has to travel less if you know what i mean.

OP
OP
Faccia di Pesce

Faccia di Pesce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have two HOB overflows, one on my 20g and the other on my 75g. The first thing is to toss that foam and tube and build yourself a Stockman Standpipe like this one. They're easy to make and just a few bucks in material. It doesn't have to be exactly like in the video but gives you an idea of what it should look like.
My 75g is right next to where I watch TV so that had to be quiet and after installing the Stockman it's almost silent, the only sound you hear is the faint trickle of the water going through the drain pipe. For the 20g I did the same and it quieted down the overflow but there was still a lot of noise coming from the sump where the water was gurgling in the first chamber. To remedy this I installed a valve on the drain tube just above the sump, slowed the water flow just a little so it stopped gurgling and all is good

Thanks, looking into making something like this. The sump is not an issue as its behind the wall in another room.

OP
OP
Faccia di Pesce

Faccia di Pesce

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the gurgling sound is most probably because you have the overflow section highup in the tank. Use the plastic screw to adjust and lower the black overflow box inside the tank so that the level of water is higher. that way water flowing in has to travel less if you know what i mean.
Will try that thanks

Rock solid aquascape: Does the weight of the rocks in your aquascape matter?

• The weight of the rocks is a key factor.

Votes: 10 8.6%
  • The weight of the rocks is one of many factors.

Votes: 42 36.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is a minor factor.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • The weight of the rocks is not a factor.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back