Eshopps problems? Warranty join in!!!

Am I wrong for asking eshopps for a return?

• Total voters

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of different skimmers out there. Reef Octopus is a very popular brand that you might check out. The skimmer selection will depend on available space in your sump, budget, size of tank and the planned bio-load you are shooting for and any special features you are looking for (perhaps a float switch incorporated into the design to shut the skimmer down if the cup gets full).

I have used LifeReef, ReeFlo Orca and RLSS (which I believe is currently not producing new skimmers). The LifeReef is an old design and durable. It just works, but not "sexy" by today's standards. Virtually any pump with a 900+ gallon per hour volume will work on it. The one I have is still in use and is about 12 years old. Still skimming its heart out. I have changed the pump. The footprint is what is keeping me from using it in my new build. I will have a 125 (but it will have a total volume of about 160 gallons). So, I am going with a Nyos Quantum 160 for my new build. It is also a very popular skimmer, but mine is still in the box. So, I can't give any personal experience with it. I am hoping it works out ok. Here is a link to that skimmer - Nyos 160

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the money sca makes decent skimmers. I was running an sca 302 on my 155 gallon that was doing just fine but will be upgrading now that I'm going to a 200 gallon setup. The skimmer did a good job though. I just replaced the pump on mine and it is definitely quieter now.

I plan on going to either deltec, nyos or reef octopus on my next one.

20171120_132253.jpg

20171003_145636.jpg

Last edited:

RWinfrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze makes some nice in tank skimmers also you shouldn’t take Eshopps off your list for in sump skimmers just make a wiser choice next time . When I worked in a lfs I always told people looking to cheap out pay now or pay later you will be back in a week and buying something better.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The eshopps hob skimmers are about as reliable as other hob skimmers some have slightly better ratings but not significantly.

On the other end i love my eshopps axium x-160 lol.

5cce960f5790863d01ae1372a74c7016.heic

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use an Eshopps S-120 on my 90G. Great quality and am very happy with my purchase, though for your tank size you will need a bigger one. And yes you are correct about this not being a cheap hobby. In fact other than collecting expensive/rare things like designer clothing it’s probably one of the most expensive hobbies out there. But in my opinion, it is so worth it.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 42 48.3%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 46 52.9%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 20 23.0%
  • None.

Votes: 22 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 10.3%
Back