Eshopps problems? Warranty join in!!!

Am I wrong for asking eshopps for a return?

• Total voters

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a lot of different skimmers out there. Reef Octopus is a very popular brand that you might check out. The skimmer selection will depend on available space in your sump, budget, size of tank and the planned bio-load you are shooting for and any special features you are looking for (perhaps a float switch incorporated into the design to shut the skimmer down if the cup gets full).

I have used LifeReef, ReeFlo Orca and RLSS (which I believe is currently not producing new skimmers). The LifeReef is an old design and durable. It just works, but not "sexy" by today's standards. Virtually any pump with a 900+ gallon per hour volume will work on it. The one I have is still in use and is about 12 years old. Still skimming its heart out. I have changed the pump. The footprint is what is keeping me from using it in my new build. I will have a 125 (but it will have a total volume of about 160 gallons). So, I am going with a Nyos Quantum 160 for my new build. It is also a very popular skimmer, but mine is still in the box. So, I can't give any personal experience with it. I am hoping it works out ok. Here is a link to that skimmer - Nyos 160

Daltrey

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For the money sca makes decent skimmers. I was running an sca 302 on my 155 gallon that was doing just fine but will be upgrading now that I'm going to a 200 gallon setup. The skimmer did a good job though. I just replaced the pump on mine and it is definitely quieter now.

I plan on going to either deltec, nyos or reef octopus on my next one.

20171120_132253.jpg

20171003_145636.jpg

Last edited:

RWinfrey

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tunze makes some nice in tank skimmers also you shouldn’t take Eshopps off your list for in sump skimmers just make a wiser choice next time . When I worked in a lfs I always told people looking to cheap out pay now or pay later you will be back in a week and buying something better.

Gareth elliott

Read, Tinker, Fail, Learn
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The eshopps hob skimmers are about as reliable as other hob skimmers some have slightly better ratings but not significantly.

On the other end i love my eshopps axium x-160 lol.

5cce960f5790863d01ae1372a74c7016.heic

tdileo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I use an Eshopps S-120 on my 90G. Great quality and am very happy with my purchase, though for your tank size you will need a bigger one. And yes you are correct about this not being a cheap hobby. In fact other than collecting expensive/rare things like designer clothing it’s probably one of the most expensive hobbies out there. But in my opinion, it is so worth it.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back