Euphyilla

  • Thread starter Thread starter bigbeto
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

bigbeto

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 6, 2023
Messages
6
Reaction score
1
Location
Oklahoma city
What state or country do you live in
Oklahoma
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What is the cause of flesh turning brown on hammer coral?
 
Send some pics, but it might be Brown Jelly Disease. It is believed to be caused by protozoan parasite, but bacteria has been incriminated too.
 
Send some pics, but it might be Brown Jelly Disease. It is believed to be caused by protozoan parasite, but bacteria has been incriminated too.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20230119_151249_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20230119_151249_HDR.jpg
    134.9 KB · Views: 67
Send some pics, but it might be Brown Jelly Disease. It is believed to be caused by protozoan parasite, but bacteria has been incriminated too.
That's just one of them I have 3 that currently have brown flesh but it isn't falling off or anything. They are fully open and puffy during the day. I have a indo hammer that has beautiful white flesh along with my torch so not all of them have the brown flesh
 
Send some pics, but it might be Brown Jelly Disease. It is believed to be caused by protozoan parasite, but bacteria has been incriminated too.
I went ahead threw them in a KFC dip I'm doing for another one of my torches.
 
Your coral looks good to me.
Are you talking about brown tube below polyp, on the coral skeleton?
It looks like a vermetid snail to me , which is undesirable but not deadly. It can irritate some corals. I would brake it with some forceps or other implement.I have a suspicion that KFC dip may not harm vermetid.
 
Your coral looks good to me.
Are you talking about brown tube below polyp, on the coral skeleton?
It looks like a vermetid snail to me , which is undesirable but not deadly. It can irritate some corals. I would brake it with some forceps or other implement.I have a suspicion that KFC dip may not harm vermetid.
No just the brown flesh. I've always heard it's supposed to be white. Yea I got rid of that thing I didn't see it since it was on the back side.
 
That's just one of them I have 3 that currently have brown flesh but it isn't falling off or anything. They are fully open and puffy during the day. I have a indo hammer that has beautiful white flesh along with my torch so not all of them have the brown flesh
All of the flesh can contain zooxanthellae, so brown on the "stem" is not a bad thing.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new