Euroquatics LED Tube lights to replace traditional T5HO lamps!

Euroquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there anyway of knowing when they are running low or need to be changed ? Also will they be available at rap or after for sale ?

Also do you have any par readings and recommend height for best colors and growth you can share with us now or do we have to wait ?

Very interested reefer
Lots of info coming out at RAP for sure. Dealers will be able to start placing orders at RAP for delivery 6-8 weeks after. There's a lot of logistics to get the production volume spun up. But we'll have most of the prototypes at RAP on our display tanks and we'll have a lower grade PAR meter and spectral meter there to give an idea on how they compare to some T5HO lamps. We can't bring the lab equipment to the show (from Holland), but you'll get an idea. :)

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Will there anybody from Holland other than the lab equipment?
Een beetje hollandse oude koek praten en nieuwe koek ook natuurlijk is altijd een binnenkommetje.
Ik begijp dat jullie of dat Euroaquatics komt uit Aalsmeer, de bloemen stad, onder de rook van Amsterdam waar ik geboren en getogen ben.

jgraz

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be following along here and can't wait to see these in action. Even better is that December I'm up for a bulb change so I would love to mix a few of these into my system.

kth132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. Be nice to get a set date these are available. 80 bucks isn't bad. Cheaper than adding a reefbrite. I'm running a 8 bulb ati dimmable wonder how these work with dimmable versions... would love to run 2 blues for that "pop"

steventaylor702

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. Be nice to get a set date these are available. 80 bucks isn't bad. Cheaper than adding a reefbrite. I'm running a 8 bulb ati dimmable wonder how these work with dimmable versions... would love to run 2 blues for that "pop"
If you like a couple of pages back they said they are dimmable I had the same question

kth132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome. Thanks. Hopefully this isn't one of those things that gets talked about forever and takes a year or two to actually come out.

Tapio

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey everyone,
I'm going to try and hit most the points questions about the new E5s here on one post. Let's see if I can pull it off. ;)

There were a couple other points that I was going to address, but come back to them later.
Until then, we're excited to be showing them at RAP in a couple weeks and we're really excited to be joining the R2R forum as a sponsor!

Thanks,
Scott - Euroquatics
I hope those point will be spectral output graphs preferably comparing the LED tube to a standard high quality T5, ATI Giesemann etc.
Another point is the anticipated spectral change and output degradation over time. Is the spectral output and intensity 50% by the 3rd year? Anyway very intereting development. I will check them out at Reef a Palooza.

kth132

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don't get why people with t5s are wanting to switch out their entire bulb setup for all leds? That defeats the purpose of running t5s. Go buy an led unit they are gonna be way more advanced then changing out your t5 unit to led bulbs. I can see if you wanna do a 50 50 combo or add a few in for supplementation but changing them all over makes no sense to me..

TMC1313

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just reading about this now, but sounds like it could be a winner. If these fit directly into traditional T5 fixtures, I wonder if the T5 reflectors would solve the problem of spread and pinpoint light source that has been a problem with leds.

Diesel

ME=1, CANCER=0.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really don't get why people with t5s are wanting to switch out their entire bulb setup for all leds? That defeats the purpose of running t5s. Go buy an led unit they are gonna be way more advanced then changing out your t5 unit to led bulbs. I can see if you wanna do a 50 50 combo or add a few in for supplementation but changing them all over makes no sense to me..

You missing the point here, these so called E5's are looking like T5's not led's.
They have led's in them but when lite up I think you can't even tell you deal with led's.

e5-jpg.265656

steventaylor702

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just reading about this now, but sounds like it could be a winner. If these fit directly into traditional T5 fixtures, I wonder if the T5 reflectors would solve the problem of spread and pinpoint light source that has been a problem with leds.
I don't think the reflectors will have any influence on the LED bulbs because they will be pointing directly down

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 100 75.2%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 11.3%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 8 6.0%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 1.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.5%
Back