Euroquatics LED Tube lights to replace traditional T5HO lamps!

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gotcha, was just curious because the 1/2w vs 1w vs 3w is quite different when penetrating through water. I'll have to pick up a couple and bust out the par meter and see what the before and after looks like.

cvicente

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Euroaquatics - Besides spectrum graphs, lumen output, PUR, PAR etc. Is there any information or study about short or long term success with these bulbs over a reef tank?

Euroquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@luke33
That's actually not a future of the LED "directly"... depth penetration has to do with a number of factors total wattage output (which on one way is independent of the LEDs potential) but also the optics. If you use a more focused beam you go deeper with more light, if you use a wide beam you can't get as high of readings as low. But if a 3w or 5w or 10w LED is only driven to 0.30w then it will really efficient but still only put out a low level of light energy (same as a 0.30w LED) that's what I mean by the LED wattage is not as relevant as people tend to think. Think in stead of overall energy/light density. Hope that is more clear.

The E5 is meant to replace T5 lamps, so that was our focus. Not the same as what we focused on with our Angel fixtures.

Euroquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Euroaquatics - Besides spectrum graphs, lumen output, PUR, PAR etc. Is there any information or study about short or long term success with these bulbs over a reef tank?
The BEST part of the E5 is overall it's the same LED technology that we've all known for a long time and have had great success growing coral under. In that way, LED is LED is LED, what we're doing is giving the output of the more advanced LED fixtures but in a single LED without the individual color control. So that's more like T5 lamps.
We're simply trying to give people T5 simple with LED proven tech. The phosphor we use helps us improve uniformity of color across the entire lamp vs other options that mix and match LED colors to get a fuller spectrum.
Does that make sense?

cvicente

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The BEST part of the E5 is overall it's the same LED technology that we've all known for a long time and have had great success growing coral under. In that way, LED is LED is LED, what we're doing is giving the output of the more advanced LED fixtures but in a single LED without the individual color control. So that's more like T5 lamps.
We're simply trying to give people T5 simple with LED proven tech. The phosphor we use helps us improve uniformity of color across the entire lamp vs other options that mix and match LED colors to get a fuller spectrum.
Does that make sense?
Although as you said that LED is LED, the way photons are "directed" are completely different from fixture to fixture mostly due to lens optics (or no lens). Traditional T5 have a light diffusion far greater than LED an it enables you to place corals everywhere in the tank. Are E5's a 100% substitute to T5 in regards to light diffusion ?

Euroquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Although as you said that LED is LED, the way photons are "directed" are completely different from fixture to fixture mostly due to lens optics (or no lens). Traditional T5 have a light diffusion far greater than LED an it enables you to place corals everywhere in the tank. Are E5's a 100% substitute to T5 in regards to light diffusion ?
T5 lamps use reflectors to direct their 360 degree output down into the tank. E5 use 160 degree LED output (defused) to direct output down into the tank. Your T5 reflectors will help grab the 5%-10% of light from the sides of the E5 down wards, but the short answer to your question... Yes they are are great replacement!!! You'll see this in up coming videos, but they have a great defused output like T5 and that's what we were going for. We wanted to combine the pros of LED with the pros of T5, it's that simple!

cvicente

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
T5 lamps use reflectors to direct their 360 degree output down into the tank. E5 use 160 degree LED output (defused) to direct output down into the tank. Your T5 reflectors will help grab the 5%-10% of light from the sides of the E5 down wards, but the short answer to your question... Yes they are are great replacement!!! You'll see this in up coming videos, but they have a great defused output like T5 and that's what we were going for. We wanted to combine the pros of LED with the pros of T5, it's that simple!
The videos will be posted on your site ?

acesfull44

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I currently run a Zetlight 6600-A on my 150, and just bought an 8 bulb ATI to replace it. I ordered 1 Cool Daylight and 1 Blue Pop for the 2 in the middle, then Blue+, Coral +, Blue + on each side (which will be here Thursday)! I will report how things go for sure with before and after pics! I am also going to see about borrowing a par/lux meter for some readings!

Last edited:

drstratton

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I currently run a Zetlight 6600-A on my 150, and just bought an 8 bulb ATI to replace it. I ordered 1 Cool Daylight and 1 Blue Pop for the 2 in the middle, then Blue+, Coral +, Blue + on each side (which will be here Thursday)! I will report how things go for sure with before and after pics!
I also have an 8 bulb T5, I'm looking forward to hearing how you like the bulb combo!

joeyhatch11

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I replaced 2 Blue+ with 2 Blue Pop and WOW what a difference. They have the bright wow factor like leds without the shimmer effect. With just the Blue Pop on compaired to Blue+ its a lot brighter.

I've only had them installed now for about 3 weeks but can say I've seen some positive changes in a few of my sps pieces as, they've began to color up nicely. I have a 4 blub fixture with to nee Coral+ still in it but will swap them out for a Cool Day light and Day Light bulb when the time comes.

Reefinny

WYSIWYG
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ati 6 bulb dimmable fixture and was going to add 2 blue pop. Any one have show feedback on how these bills are working for them or any bulb combinations?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a ati 6 bulb dimmable fixture and was going to add 2 blue pop. Any one have show feedback on how these bills are working for them or any bulb combinations?
Bought two blue pop's from Aquarium Specialty last spring. Swapped them out of two ATI blue + bulb slots in at the time was a 10 bulb fixture. They do have a wow pop factor. Kept them on for a month. My BTA's could not adjust and even shrunk and hind for the entire month. Put my ATI's back in and my BTA's came back out to their old footing spots and never moved since. I feel like I gave the the blue pop's a full time period for adjustment but they just didn't work out for my reef. I don't know if was too much par, pur or spectrum but they didn't work out on my reef. Now they are just sitting in my garage collecting dust.
If someone is running a successful reef with all an all e5 setup please post with pictures! If anyone in Tennessee wants my two blue pop's and willing to meet at the Aquatic Critter their yours free of charge.
How's that for some feed back Reefinny:)

Last edited:

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
With that said: I've never seen Euoquatics show a tank starting with frags and showing them developed into bigger colonies on their web site. If they have a tank that shows that please provide the link.
Look at this thread. Nobodies posted anything since last Feb. The ones that posted "I'll keep you updated".
Were's the updates?

malira

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know at least one reefer, very well known here stopped using them because they sagged a lot. Almost to the point of falling out.

Tori

ReefMoore 103
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know at least one reefer, very well known here stopped using them because they sagged a lot. Almost to the point of falling out.

Could it have been because of the fixture or was the light just physically bowing in the middle?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could it have been because of the fixture or was the light just physically bowing in the middle?
No the longer e5 tubes bow in a straight fixture or in your hand. The bulbs flex. They have a thin metal strip on one side and led's encased in plastic on other side. No glass at all.

Tori

ReefMoore 103
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No the longer e5 tubes bow in a straight fixture or in your hand. The bulbs flex. They have a thin metal strip on one side and led's encased in plastic on other side. No glass at all.

Got it. I guess it would be hard to dissipate heat if they encased the LEDs in a glass tube. The flexing doesn't seem like a favorable trade though. Beefing up the metal strip a lot might help with both issues.

luke33

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using two blue pops for a year now in my ati 8x80w. The bulbs sag but they produce great pop. My sps are growing well, not sure if I would ever add more than just two though.

Back