Everything Noopsyche Controller

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I mean- it’s meant to only be used a few times to set it up, then forget it. Doesn’t need to have a huge battery life. It sends the settings to the lights after you hit transmit. Not like it’s actively controlling the lights 24/7

Incidentally, it’s has a 1.2mAh 3.74v lipo in there.
When I first tested lights for Noopsyche I had to wait a week to finish the test cause I left the remote plugged into the wall at a hotel I stayed at. I searched everywhere and was like oh no this is bad, then the hotel called and was like "hey you left your tv remote in our room" :p

Hugo Tait

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have 2 new K7ii and have been struggling with the controller for days now! I'm trying to replicate the Radion AB+ schedule as attached.

I'm on software version v1.4 so I don't seem to have the 23:59 issue, however, there is no ramping between points, simply a sudden jump to the next preset. Has anyone found this issue? Also, the clock does not seem at all accurate, sometimes 20+ minutes off...

Also, the modified AB+ kindly created by some users here seems not to follow the same intensity pattern as the Radion AB+, and the ratios of LED channels change between set points. Which point is the primary mirror of the Radion AB+ ratios, and was this determined by a spectrometer or by eye?

I have reverse engineered the Hydra 26HD AB+ spectrum into Noopsyche settings and they are very different to the AB+ provided anywhere else.

I'm coming from 2x Gen 4 radions which is why I'm looking for a similar program. I have also attached the settings I have currently programmed.

Many thanks!

Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 19.48.35.png

Screenshot 2020-05-24 at 23.22.35.png

Hugo Tait

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@noopsyche or @Manose any suggestions? I have recently seen that 1.5hrs between points is recommended to avoid excessive choppiness. I have tried the demo function and this seems to ramp up and down OK. I'm using the Auto setting.

Thanks in advance

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@noopsyche or @Manose any suggestions? I have recently seen that 1.5hrs between points is recommended to avoid excessive choppiness. I have tried the demo function and this seems to ramp up and down OK. I'm using the Auto setting.

Thanks in advance
The AB+ setting was not something that was exact just close.From setting 1-2 and 2-3 it will gradually ramp and 4-5 will ramp down so should be fine. I normally use 1.5 2 hour differential and that is what I would recommend. The whites on the lights are powerful and sometimes masks the ramping but it's there. I would leave the controller plugged in and make sure in a 24hour span in keeps time

Hugo Tait

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The AB+ setting was not something that was exact just close.From setting 1-2 and 2-3 it will gradually ramp and 4-5 will ramp down so should be fine. I normally use 1.5 2 hour differential and that is what I would recommend. The whites on the lights are powerful and sometimes masks the ramping but it's there. I would leave the controller plugged in and make sure in a 24hour span in keeps time

Thanks for the help. When you say the whites may mask the ramping, I'm assuming the whites will ramp too? If the ramp is from 9% to 0%, will that be a gradual decline to 0%, or should I set 9% to 1%, then off on the next setpoint?

OP
OP
Manose

Manose

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the help. When you say the whites may mask the ramping, I'm assuming the whites will ramp too? If the ramp is from 9% to 0%, will that be a gradual decline to 0%, or should I set 9% to 1%, then off on the next setpoint?
Yes the whites do ramp but because they are so bright they can make it hard to tell when the blues are ramping.
Yes from 9 to 0 and that will cut them off. I like the idea of 9 to 0 as that is how mine are setup except I run very little white.

colossal_tater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can a single controller be used to program several lights over different tanks? I want different setting on different tanks, but not sure if I need to buy multiple controllers. Apologies if this was already asked. I read the entire thread, but didn’t see it.

cvrle1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can a single controller be used to program several lights over different tanks? I want different setting on different tanks, but not sure if I need to buy multiple controllers. Apologies if this was already asked. I read the entire thread, but didn’t see it.

Each controller can control up to 16 lights. I would guess that you could program each set of light over a different tank separately, but dont quote me on that. Just my guess based on everything discussed so far. @Manose should know 100% one way or the other.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can program one bank of lights with the K7 program and another bank of lights (eg a frag tank or a second display) using the p1080 (? Whatever the other option is) at the same time

I’ve confirmed this works by testing it for 2 light on each of those programs, running very different profiles. It’s possible that the 16 lights max limit is split between these two profiles. I don’t have 17 lights to test it with, lol

JBKReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jumping into this thread just so its easier to find once I set up these lights. I won 4 K7ii's and want to ensure they're sync'd and set up as easily as possible.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jumping into this thread just so its easier to find once I set up these lights. I won 4 K7ii's and want to ensure they're sync'd and set up as easily as possible.
Send them to me and I’ll make sure they sync with each other.

colossal_tater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can program one bank of lights with the K7 program and another bank of lights (eg a frag tank or a second display) using the p1080 (? Whatever the other option is) at the same time

I’ve confirmed this works by testing it for 2 light on each of those programs, running very different profiles. It’s possible that the 16 lights max limit is split between these two profiles. I don’t have 17 lights to test it with, lol

Thank you! That's awesome. At the moment, I just need to program two separate tanks, so that will be perfect. Send help if I need to start doing more than that.

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Same deal- 4 over my 180, then I’ll probably buy 2 more for my frag grow out (still early yet) so I can match spectrum and ramps, and not worry about having to acclimate etc . Just reduce intensity to account for depth.

lelandmarine

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all,

I have 2 new K7ii and have been struggling with the controller for days now! I'm trying to replicate the Radion AB+ schedule as attached.

I'm on software version v1.4 so I don't seem to have the 23:59 issue, however, there is no ramping between points, simply a sudden jump to the next preset. Has anyone found this issue? Also, the clock does not seem at all accurate, sometimes 20+ minutes off...

Also, the modified AB+ kindly created by some users here seems not to follow the same intensity pattern as the Radion AB+, and the ratios of LED channels change between set points. Which point is the primary mirror of the Radion AB+ ratios, and was this determined by a spectrometer or by eye?

I have reverse engineered the Hydra 26HD AB+ spectrum into Noopsyche settings and they are very different to the AB+ provided anywhere else.

I'm coming from 2x Gen 4 radions which is why I'm looking for a similar program. I have also attached the settings I have currently programmed.

Many thanks!

Hi all,

Many thanks!

Hugo, Do you still believe these are accurate numbers for the AB+. I’m new to noopsyche. If these are accurate do i just reduce each by the same percentage depending on if I’m keeping softies, LPS, SPS etc. Wish there was more guidance. Did manose comment on the accuracy of your numbers. Thanks in advance

Hugo Tait

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hugo, Do you still believe these are accurate numbers for the AB+. I’m new to noopsyche. If these are accurate do i just reduce each by the same percentage depending on if I’m keeping softies, LPS, SPS etc. Wish there was more guidance. Did manose comment on the accuracy of your numbers. Thanks in advance
Hi,

my numbers were just from the BRS videos for the AI hydra 26, which use very similar LED wavelengths. I guess scaling up and down should give a similar spectrum assuming there is no hidden ratio shift from the light itself. The spectrum looks similar to the eye, but will always miss that slightly deeper violet diode colour

To be honest, I have just turned them all to 100% (with about 50% on the warm whites) as I needed all the power. Then choose how blue you want them for sunrise/sunset.

GuppyHJD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree. If the controller is using the Bluetooth technology to setup the lights, I think that making an app would not be hard to make but of course, probably the price of the lights will raise dramatically. Would be great if a computer/phone app wizard member here :D take the challenge to make an app for this lights.
Spyder813,
Creating the app is not the challenge, the reverse engineering is much harder to do when the protocol is not known - is it Bluetooth, BTL, or one of several other remote control protocols available. Then once you get AirSpy or perhaps WireShark capturing the communication packets, you can start mapping the remote functions. At that point a phone app can be created to do what the current remote does (poorly). What you do not have is the light software /hardware specs to write a proper app using all the features available.
From other posts I have read, there is a discussion of Noopsyche working on a new light, possibly with the next version of features. When this happens, anyone who owns the current hardware can likely forget seeing any firmware or software improvements.

GuppyHJD

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can anyone with the knowledge tell me how hard an app would be to create? I am just curious about this.
Creating an app to run on a cell phone is not difficult. The difficulty is getting the communication protocols and hardware features from engineering to build the app. In looking at the videos inside the lights, I am considering removing the "communications" board and replacing it with an ESP or Arduino that I can control from my phone.

chadfish

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone developed an app for these lights yet? @noopsyche have you started development? I hear there are existing apps that, if connected with the correct APIs could decrease development costs. Has anyone sniffed the packets yet?

User

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone developed an app for these lights yet? @noopsyche have you started development? I hear there are existing apps that, if connected with the correct APIs could decrease development costs. Has anyone sniffed the packets yet?
Why though?

move used my controller like 1 time since I set it up. Not everything needs an app

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.0%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back