Evo tank 13.5 gallons

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will post later individual photos of critters and corals :)
IMG_7873.JPG

Kdub Koral Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will post later individual photos of critters and corals :)
IMG_7873.JPG
I just started this tank 2 weeks ago. So far so good. Used fully cured live rock and small sand bed along w Seed Bacteria. Already have a GSP, a small Xenia and a small 3 head Oompa Loompa Zoa.

OP
OP
anon9896

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just started this tank 2 weeks ago. So far so good. Used fully cured live rock and small sand bed along w Seed Bacteria. Already have a GSP, a small Xenia and a small 3 head Oompa Loompa Zoa.
Are you using the stock items for the aquarium ?
As for myself; return pump is great but I added 1 wavemaker and an extra pump
I bought the original skimmer, a little tricky to use but don't expect it to work right away, it works best after a couple hours.
Once you add the skimmer the side top is useless and furthermore the original main top builds up way too much heat... I suggest you make holes for this latter.
I like the media compartments within the sponge, I use those only for activated charcoal.
I added some media bellow the skimmer.
water level sensor location is Superb(not fluval though) , it's in the return pump compartment , very sensitive wich is a great thing.
Once everything added (skimmer, media, dosing hoses, level sensor, return pump, heater it get's a little crowded in there but hey , you don't want it huge anyway.
The long tube is a pipette, I leave it in there too.
IMG_7878.JPG

Wow everything looks dirty with a flash.

Kdub Koral Guy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you using the stock items for the aquarium ?
As for myself; return pump is great but I added 1 wavemaker and an extra pump
I bought the original skimmer, a little tricky to use but don't expect it to work right away, it works best after a couple hours.
Once you add the skimmer the side top is useless and furthermore the original main top builds up way too much heat... I suggest you make holes for this latter.
I like the media compartments within the sponge, I use those only for activated charcoal.
I added some media bellow the skimmer.
water level sensor location is Superb(not fluval though) , it's in the return pump compartment , very sensitive wich is a great thing.
Once everything added (skimmer, media, dosing hoses, level sensor, return pump, heater it get's a little crowded in there but hey , you don't want it huge anyway.
The long tube is a pipette, I leave it in there too.
IMG_7878.JPG

Wow everything looks dirty with a flash.
I returned the skimmer to Amazon. I am using the Intank media baskets as they are amazing! It allows me to start a refugium in one of the chambers. I did order an improved return pump (should be here today) and a Jebao wavemaker. I also went with the Cobalt 75w heater attached to an Inkbird heat controller, which is awesome. Need to clean my glass, but here is what it looks like after 2 weeks. I will be setting up the fuge this weekend

Tank pic.jpg

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
OP
OP
anon9896

anon9896

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok here goes my Acan , bought 1 head a little over a year ago :)
I did try to focus onto the heads in the middle

Last edited:

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back