Expensive SPS frags

Mr. Roboto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to know who you are... I want to know who the person is that is dropping $250 on one and $399 on another one inch frag freshly glued to a frag plug. Surely if you are doing this you are willing to show em off. Lets see em. Show yourselves. LOL

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just want to know who you are... I want to know who the person is that is dropping $250 on one and $399 on another one inch frag freshly glued to a frag plug. Surely if you are doing this you are willing to show em off. Lets see em. Show yourselves. LOL
I learned my lesson from that. They look great for a month or so. Then, poof! Gone. :grinning-face-with-sweat:

OP
OP
Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did it once and never again. Spent $400 plus for 3 frags and only one is still alive. I learned my lesson.
Somehow they are still on the websites though.... Someone is actually doing it enough to keep them there. I wanna know who it is.. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

OP
OP
Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I learned my lesson from that. They look great for a month or so. Then, poof! Gone. :grinning-face-with-sweat:
They can sit and turn brown in the shop before I drop 250$ on a frag. Like dude said up the thread too, they do this for single zoa heads too some how. The websites still have em up so someone is doing it.

Marquarium

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly my thoughts. Corals are so touchy for me that I could never justify spending that much unless it was for a massive piece. Not worth having rare corals that I probably can't handle anyway lol. I'll stick with my beginners

doubleshot00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Somehow they are still on the websites though.... Someone is actually doing it enough to keep them there. I wanna know who it is.. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:
Yeah more power to them. The last 4-5 corals i spent more than $100 for all look like crap in my tank. I just don't get it. I'm a $50 and under guy now.

I did buy two hugs cuts from a guy a while back and they are still alive. $150 each Green Slimer and Chameleon.
IMG_9572.jpeg

IMG_9571.jpeg

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can sit and turn brown in the shop before I drop 250$ on a frag. Like dude said up the thread too, they do this for single zoa heads too some how. The websites still have em up so someone is doing it.
Yeah, with sps, you want that frag plug to start being encrusted. Especially acros. Sellers shouldn't sell until that happens.

OP
OP
Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm a $50 and under guy now.

I think most of us are in this boat and I get why shops price things, I worked in one for years but really.... The shops I have worked in and priced things like that, we laughed when someone would actually buy one of the over priced peices. These $400 gold and red tented torches that are selling now, we gave heads of this stuff away as beginner corals back in the day.

OP
OP
Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, with sps, you want that frag plug to start being encrusted. Especially acros. Sellers shouldn't sell until that happens.
I am still not dropping $399 on a frag even if it is covering the plug... No way.... and I want to know who does.

Reefer Matt

Reef Cave Dweller
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still not dropping $399 on a frag even if it is covering the plug... No way.... and I want to know who does.
Too rich for me. And I have hundreds of frags. :grinning-squinting-face:

OP
OP
Mr. Roboto

Mr. Roboto

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This cost me $400 if that's how you want to math it. Since I'm bad at keeping things alive and the rest of the box died.

:rolling-on-the-floor-laughing: I literally cannot even hit the limit for free shipping let along drop $400 even on a box full at one time. I just cant do it, then again I am a penny pincher and my lady is like a hawk so... If I dont want her buying $400 purses I better not even look at a battle box.. :rolling-on-the-floor-laughing:

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Never spent more than $80 on a coral. But if I did…
IMG_9790.jpeg
Don’t worry you’ll never find that coral in person sadly enough! Can’t believe people still fall for photoshop haha!

Birdman Broham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   1   0
I have never spent over $150 for a coral and it’s rare I even do that. Honestly I just never really understood the pricing. Yes they are cool and beautiful but there not a car payment beautiful

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 14.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 7.1%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 78 55.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 7.1%
Back