• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Experience with Reef Pro Store Conditioned Fish

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.

ChadmRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really regret writing this, and was hopeful Reef Pro would have handled this situation putting the customer first. Unfortunately Reef Pro didn't want to stand by their "conditioned" fish arrive alive guarantee.

I ordered three wrasses, two shipped. The two that shipped, a rhomboid and hooded flame came to me late delivery by Fedex (another issue all together). After receiving the fish later than guaranteed, I followed reef pro's acclimation protocol step by step, noticing throughout heavy breathing. When I added them to an already established QT with a cleaner wrasse and pintail (in acclimation box), the second and third noticeable indication of parasites showed immediately upon coming out of hiding . Along with the heavy breathing, both fish came to out yawning, the Rhomboid had white stringy poo, and the flame looked malnourished. The heavy breathing persisted throughout the entire day. Due to receiving these fish through mail and the stress I made the decision to not act until the the next day. Unfortunately, overnight the flame died before I acted. Sat morning, I immediately took action adding Gen Cure to the QT. After abt four hours, the Rhomboid's breathing slowed and yawning stopped, so this is a plus I was able to save this fish.

This is really in my opinion unacceptable “conditioned” fish and arrive alive guarantee. these fish did not arrive alive, they arrived breathing. Fish do not die the first night without already underlying issues. I expected a little more than 10% off my next purchase.

Reef Pro

Reef Pro Complete --> Reefprostore.com
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really regret writing this, and was hopeful Reef Pro would have handled this situation putting the customer first. Unfortunately Reef Pro didn't want to stand by their "conditioned" fish arrive alive guarantee.

I ordered three wrasses, two shipped. The two that shipped, a rhomboid and hooded flame came to me late delivery by Fedex (another issue all together). After receiving the fish later than guaranteed, I followed reef pro's acclimation protocol step by step, noticing throughout heavy breathing. When I added them to an already established QT with a cleaner wrasse and pintail (in acclimation box), the second and third noticeable indication of parasites showed immediately upon coming out of hiding . Along with the heavy breathing, both fish came to out yawning, the Rhomboid had white stringy poo, and the flame looked malnourished. The heavy breathing persisted throughout the entire day. Due to receiving these fish through mail and the stress I made the decision to not act until the the next day. Unfortunately, overnight the flame died before I acted. Sat morning, I immediately took action adding Gen Cure to the QT. After abt four hours, the Rhomboid's breathing slowed and yawning stopped, so this is a plus I was able to save this fish.

This is really in my opinion unacceptable “conditioned” fish and arrive alive guarantee. these fish did not arrive alive, they arrived breathing. Fish do not die the first night without already underlying issues. I expected a little more than 10% off my next purchase.
Dear Chad Roman,
We are very sorry to hear you are dissatisfied with your order. We strive to provide the highest quality livestock available on the market. We want to make good on this for you so we will refund your entire order.

We sell very high quality livestock and 100% stand behind our arrive alive guarantee however unexpected carrier delays are completely out of our control. Even though we pack the fish for 48hr transit, conditions can occur which could be detrimental for the livestock.

You did not notify us of any health concerns with these fish on the day of arrival. There are many things that are out of our control during and after acclimation. If we were notified of these concerns the same day we would have been able to rectify these issues immediately. Our DOA policy guarantees that the fish will arrive alive and in good health. In this case, according to the information you just provided, the fish were breathing heavily. You should have notified us immediately upon receiving them and we would have been more than happy to cover these under DOA. We follow our DOA however we evaluate on a case by case basis.

We have thousands of satisfied customers that continue to buy with us and are very pleased. We are sorry you are not satisfied and in result we will be issuing a full refund.

Thank you,
Reef Pro Team.

OP
OP
ChadmRoman

ChadmRoman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you, I do appreciate taking care of this the right way.

I do take ownership for not contacting when I started noticing. Since it was my first online order, I assumed the heavy breathing was from travel stress, and was trying to give them the night to adjust to new surroundings before taking any additional steps to medicate.

Regards...

Please read here before posting. Outside comments are not permitted per R2R's feedback forum policy. This is to allow the buyer and seller to have a streamlined conversation and hopefully come to a mutually satisfactory resolution in a negative transaction. If you would like to contribute your own feedback experience with either the buyer or seller, you may do so by creating your own feedback thread. Only the thread starter and vendor will have posting access. Thank you.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back