Experiences with Seahorse Source?

  • Thread starter Thread starter lpslover
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

lpslover

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 2, 2012
Messages
92
Reaction score
10
Location
Utah
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Revamping my Biocube 14 to try dwarf sea horses. I've kept reef tanks for years, so I'm not a newbie, and I don't mind culturing baby brine. I have heard good things about Ocean Rider, but their dwarfs are $75.00 a piece and don't come with a live arrival guarantee (strange considering all their other ponies do). A google search turned up another captive bred source for dwarfs at about $14.50 a piece with a live arrival guarantee. Link is:

Seahorse Source - Hippocampus zosterae

Also, Ocean rider charges $44.95 for 30 grams of their artemia enrichment, Seahorse Source charges $21.95 for 50 grams of theirs. From the descriptions, they seem similar. I'm not above spending money to buy quality, but I don't spend money on pretty packaging and brand names without solid proof that the contents are definitely better than the generic. Given that I'd ideally like to order 6 pairs to get a good herd started, I'd much rather buy the more affordable ponies. Has anyone dealt with Seahorse Source? Experiences?
 
I've purchased cultures of phytoplankton in the past from them. Never had a problem.

CJ
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 3 4.8%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 18 28.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 19 30.2%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 4 6.3%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 7 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 3 4.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new