Explain your Handle name and avatar picture!!!

oceanparadise1

The Coral Dudes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay well, Ocean Paradise was taken, so i picked Oceanparadise1. My name is some thing i came up with while brain storming names for a soon to be opened Fish store owned by me and my buddy :) its probably not going to be for a while, but hell,im only 24 so i have plenty of time. Its still in the very starting up stage, just planning it all out and making sure its done right before we take the plunge. My avatar, well you can tell, im a HUGE yankees fan(i support all my fellow NY teams :)) and i hate hate hate the red sox(well any boston team for that matter!)

So now its your guys turn!!:):D:p

Okeewanfonokee

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still kinda new at this, would like an avatar of something...., the name is a name I made from Obiwan Kinobi and Okeefonokee swamp. I love that place and have been to the Stephan C. Foster park there outa Fargo, Ga many of times. I love that black water. So Star Wars fan and a swamper combined. I think there is a Darth Maul Pally or Zo? That should be my avatar, or a sea bass with a laser )

Aquamannytv

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thesaent14 is because i love the moves about simon templer the saint but every time i try to get the user name some one have it so i change it a bit

coral88

Hobbyist for now
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My avatar is a pic of my nuclear greens but I change it from time to time. My name is simple I live for coral and my favorite number is 8 so I added the 88. Now that I’m thinking about it I might change my avatar pic soon I’ve had this one for a while.

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am waaaay into collector Favia's like the "Baby's Breath" and "Mia's Pot of Gold" etc. so that's why I came up with that name. As for my avatar, well that's my beautiful Cat "Peanut" lounging in the sun!

MarvinsReef

Clownfish Aficionado
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MarvinsReef... self explanatory.. ;)

my avatar.. my baby boy Emmanuel Vincent (Evin).. :D

Paintguru

In need of tank
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paintguru: Work in automotive paint research at one of the Big 3

Picture: Probably my favorite picture from our Alaskan honeymoon.

FaviaFreak

Weir Everywhere
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Small world, I was a UAW worker in the spray booth at Newark Assembly Plant for 4 years, spraying base coat and clear coat, got out last year when they offered packages, glad I got out when I did because NAP is scheduled to be closed for good this December

Paintguru: Work in automotive paint research at one of the Big 3

Picture: Probably my favorite picture from our Alaskan honeymoon.

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I chose the name because I was working on an ecotoxicology study at the time. My avatar is changed often but is currently a comic strip from the PhD comics and just is a poke at myself for being in grad school for so long.

reefboy

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've got a few name but its eithier reefboy or tidalzone the name reefboy was given to me by a friend because believe it or not I grew up on a ranch and rodeo'd few years all the time reefing so a rodeo friend started calling me reefboy instead of cowboy as a joke and it stuck even had a few rodeo anouncer's called my name out as such at a few rodeo's being funny anyways tidalzone is after my maintenance company when reefboy cant be used.

ecotoxlady

Perpetual student
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's cool :) what will you be studying oceanparadise1? I did my masters in Animal science (which was the above mentioned ecotox study) and am currently working on my PhD in biochemistry.

jonbar1

Growing Out
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My first name is Jon and the first three letters of my last name are bar. On most forums I just use Jon in SW Ohio, can't remember why I chose jonbar1 for this forum LOL

The avatar is just my all time favorite coral, the Armageddons

The tag line below is just a reflection on the battle I've been fighting since I started this hobby. If it keeps one new reefer from putting this menace in their tank it's worth it

Last edited:

coral diver

Old and Wise
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK I'll chip in CORAL DIVER HMMM work for Scubapro Uwatec as a QC/QA was scuba diving for 35 years very much into REEF and exotic FISH in the wild and for my Avatar he was my pride and joy "Lucky" an American Kestel Falcon

Stixbaraca

Zoanthid Pimp
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Back in my younger days...I was at a weekend outdoor music festival and the 4am camp talk turned to our would-be **** names. Mine ended up being Stix Baraca! My avatar is a picture I took of sunrise in Fort Lauderdale while on a cruise!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 44 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 23 21.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 38 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back