Extremely loud

tehDude48

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got everything transferred and running with the Waterbox peninsula 6025 and have the Cor 20 schedule at 100% and Max speed at 75% and the tank is extremely loud?
should I lower the speeds? But then I don’t get the circulation

Mr Cypher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
what kind of sound? like water in overflow going down the overflow pipe? if your gate is not open then mess with that (the red wheel with open close on it) or if it sounds like water dripping then close a bit till the sound goes fought with this on mine

OP
OP
T

tehDude48

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I have the water level just slightly below the emergency drain the sound seams to becoming from the weir teeth I can put a rag on top of the glass overflow cover and it makes the noise slightly lower seam as though the weir should be lower so water coming in does not have to drop ( cannot close gate anymore because then water goes down the emergency drain)

Glass Overflow Cover​

Mr Cypher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
close the red wheel as less water goes through the level will rise and there will be no noise just do it slowly

Mr Cypher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20211219_205158.jpg
20211219_205158.jpg

OP
OP
T

tehDude48

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m confused
Three pipes in the overflow
One return pipe
Next to that is the main drain with the gate valve
Next to that is the emergency overflow?
No water should go down that unless the main drain gets blocked?
So right now the water is right to the very top of the emergency overflow with out going down it if close the main anymore and water will start to go down that drain

Mr Cypher

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wow that is crazy lol mine usually has a little bit going down not a notable amount by any means once my bio load built up I didn't hear it at all occasionally I will hear a light drip but that passes quick

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just got everything transferred and running with the Waterbox peninsula 6025 and have the Cor 20 schedule at 100% and Max speed at 75% and the tank is extremely loud?
should I lower the speeds? But then I don’t get the circulation
Are you depending on the return pump for all your circulation or do you have any wave makers in the tank?

OP
OP
T

tehDude48

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Could I have my return pump turned up to much? I did try turning it down and it did get quite but I figured that the higher the better?

Spieg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You probably don't want/need that much flow through your sump. Invest in a couple of pumps to put in tank and then turn down the return pump to a reasonable level.

ndds73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey tehDude48.
Have you gotten the noise under control yet? Of not I show you how to modify the emergency inner pipe to silent the tank. I have the 5526 peninsula as well. It was so loud and drove me nut until I modify it to silent.

OP
OP
T

tehDude48

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You probably don't want/need that much flow through your sump. Invest in a couple of pumps to put in tank and then turn down the return pump to a reasonable level.
That’s what I was thinking
Hey tehDude48.
Have you gotten the noise under control yet? Of not I show you how to modify the emergency inner pipe to silent the tank. I have the 5526 peninsula as well. It was so loud and drove me nut until I modify it to silent
Hey tehDude48.
Have you gotten the noise under control yet? Of not I show you how to modify the emergency inner pipe to silent the tank. I have the 5526 peninsula as well. It was so loud and drove me nut until I modify it to silent.
I would definitely like to see how you modified that

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
seam as though the weir should be lower so water coming in does not have to drop ( cannot close gate anymore because then water goes down the emergency drain)

This!
Not that the weir teeth should be lower, but the water needs to be slightly higher. Yes, you should have a just slight trickle going down the Emergency Drain that will make your water level higher on the weir so the water doesn't drop as far. This should quiet you down and you should have a full Syphon on the main drain.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back