Facebook and R2R giveaways rant

Idoc

Getting lazier and lazier with upkeep!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well not to be a downer here but I see once again another r2r or other reef stuff related giveaway that requires facebook to enter. I’m sorry but facebook is junk for more than what most people would think or feel. I refuse to use it. I am sure im not the only one. We here at R2R who have paid to be members we should be able to enter without facebook. I know there are some exclusives for us but to have facebook necessary to enter a giveaway not only irks me but I start to question why. Maybe I’m just an old grump(not really that old), but it be nice to not have to have facebook to enter. End rant.

Still love all the information on this site. It can’t be beat.
The drawings usually only require a link or like on Facebook for one of the bonus entries. You still have plenty of other options to enter drawings multiple times.

But, you need to realize that even though you don't use FB, it's still a major social media platform. And, social media is how companies now advertise. They want views since it's a quick, cheap, and easy say to tell people about your products.

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have found the local reef groups on Facebook really useful for buying and selling corals or local items. A lot of LFS use it as a way to post photos of new arrivals too and BRS answers questions on there. I just sold one of my tanks through Facebook!

I don't think I have uploaded personal photos in years and I don't post on my wall but it works fine as a single place to go and see venders updates.

You can make it so your Facebook is private so random people you don't accept to your friends list can't see your information.

Actually the hospital I work at requires us to use Workplace which is basically the Facebook for work.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The drawings usually only require a link or like on Facebook for one of the bonus entries. You still have plenty of other options to enter drawings multiple times.
That's definitely how we try to set most of them up. :)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 66 79.5%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 8 9.6%
  • Other

Votes: 4 4.8%
Back