Facebook coral raffles?

wcroft987

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a Facebook raffle I saw go up yesterday and I am tempted to buy in. 31 slots, $20 per slot with some really nice zoas.
My questions?
Has anyone done these?
Have you had any luck?
Is it worth it?
How many have you done and lost vs won?

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There is a Facebook raffle I saw go up yesterday and I am tempted to buy in. 31 slots, $20 per slot with some really nice zoas.
My questions?
Has anyone done these?
Have you had any luck?
Is it worth it?
How many have you done and lost vs won?

They do them all the time in my area. In my opinion, it is a way for the sellers to get more than they normally would for a coral. Their response is always, "it gives people a chance at a coral that they couldn't otherwise afford". I personally don't participate but then I'm not a gambler. I see the same people buying several spots on a lot of these raffles. I figure by the time I win something I will probably already spent more than what it would have cost to just buy the coral. If you like to gamble then go for it. Just do a little research first to make sure the raffle is legit. All the ones I see on my facebook pages are local and it is the same handful of guys doing them, and they have been doing them for a long time. They also raffle off used equipment all the time. They will basically get close to new price for the equipment by doing an auction vs putting up a for sale listing.

Arricefe

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those are very common in the San Antonio area FB groups, multiple raffles daily. I have played once maybe twice. IF you win you can get a piece for far less than it may be valued (not worth!). If you feel lucky try them.

720 Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just depends on if you like to gamble lol. I bought 2 spots in a Aussie gold torch raffle for $10 each with 40 seats and won. $300-$400 coral for $20, can't complain. But I have played in a few others and not won, so just depends on your luck. But I would say I'm ahead overall just from that one win.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back