FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you saw it in person, you'll see its a series of light taps. I'm not walloping away like Thor.

I now have this image of Ty going in for a frag

HarmoniousJadedBluetickcoonhound-size_restricted.gif

bubbaque

Follow me on Instagram @ Bubbaquecorals
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Made a video showing how I removed some colonies from my rockwork to make room for some new, shiny goodies that have been growing out in the frag tank. @bubbaque , you're up!

Thanks for making the video! You make it look very easy. Would you do this if your rock was on the glass?

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for making the video! You make it look very easy. Would you do this if your rock was on the glass?
My inclination is to say no. It really isn't with much force but all it takes is one good sharp edge and just the right amount of force and sploosh!

snakejacques

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey in your video you said the extra pieces that are left over you kalc. Just how do you go about doing that I heard that's a good way I've always wanted know how to do it?

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey in your video you said the extra pieces that are left over you kalc. Just how do you go about doing that I heard that's a good way I've always wanted know how to do it?
Just get some kalkwasser in a cup and add some water until you can make a thick sludge out of it. Then you smear it on the encrusted portions and it'll burn away the flesh. Just be careful to do a little at a time since it will increase your alk and calcium.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Vivid Confetti (whites) - colors are getting much deeper which is nice. Not much green but that I can already tell is really only going to happen under Radions in my frag tank then the colony under T5s. All that UV helps with the greens. Ignore the dirty sand... I removed the sand from my frag tank and it kicked up a dirty display tank sand episode. That bald spot in the middle, other then resembling my own head, is where my original plug popped off when I was fragging the colony so I put that piece in my frag tank as a fragging colony.
VAconfetti (1 of 1).jpg

AquaSD Rainbow - my favorite mille right now
ASDRainbow (1 of 1).jpg

RR the vinh - when I first got it, I was like "meh". But I think its really starting to show promise.
RRThevinh (1 of 1).jpg

Last edited:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 36 30.8%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 3 2.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 32 27.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 41 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.3%
Back