FarmerTy's 215-gallon SPS Tank

Aaron-A2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She loves her pellets! Nori too!

Yeah, that was an intense shipping experience. I'm glad she made it alive.

I don't have any nori on hand, but I'm going to my LFS this weekend so I'll see what I can get. Any particular brand you prefer? I've never kept fish that actively eat nori. I do have a pack of algae/seaweed based frozen food, but no one ate it lol.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't have any nori on hand, but I'm going to my LFS this weekend so I'll see what I can get. Any particular brand you prefer? I've never kept fish that actively eat nori. I do have a pack of algae/seaweed based frozen food, but no one ate it lol.
You're way too fancy! [emoji23]

I buy the dried seaweed at the Korean market. $8 for 100 sheets.

dieselkeeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pics as always. Do you light accumulate all your new acros? Putting them at the bottom, and working their way up?

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You can really grow purple monster fast!
I'm working on it! It seems to have taken off lately.
Nice pics as always. Do you light accumulate all your new acros? Putting them at the bottom, and working their way up?
Thank you. I usually don't honestly unless I know it is a sensitive acro... Like smooth skin.

najer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love the actinic pics! :)

I picked up a TGC Cherry Bomb a while ago. I still can't get that super reddish-pink color out of it yet. Just curious how much light you have on yours.

That thing can get some crazy PE. Here's a video I took of mine about a couple months ago under the blues.

Wookie coral! :)

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of these days I'm going to have to smuggle a frag pack from you and you DON'T want to know where I'd hide it!! Perfect 25 degrees though :p
Oh I know! [emoji50]

Don't you make me convert your silly temperature on a Saturday night.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Moved my Lava Monster to a spot I could appreciate it more. The hot pink went away and then came roaring back. The picture doesn't serve it justice... It is HOT pink in real life.

FTlavamonster (2 of 2).jpg

FTlavamonster (1 of 2).jpg

RR Firecracker... Always been a huge fan of this one.
RRfirecracker (1 of 1)-3.jpg

Silverbullet prostrata
silverbulletprostrata (1 of 1)-1.jpg

Unknown,,I'll take any guesses as to what type of acro this is. Growth tips are really unique.
unknown (1 of 1)-2.jpg

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also beautiful pics as always that last one I have no idea but in the back left what coral is that? Upscale microlades?

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Besides my usual picture spamming, with the tank itself, some quick updates.

1) The dinos I've been fighting after removing biopellets and sucking out the sand in the frag tank are finally going away! Woohoo!

2) Nem prop tank is going well and almost over its ugly stage. It's mostly a mother colony staging facility right now for acros I'm moving along.

3) Speaking of moving acros along, I'm still methodically removing old colonies from the display that didn't make the cut and replacing them with some newer pieces. Kind of a restart and kind of not... as a bunch of colonies are exactly as they were... With just some smaller, new friends on their sides.

4) I added 4 more bimaculatus anthias and that should complete my display. I also added a harem of 9 clownfish to the anemone prop tank... Of course which they banded up into groups of 2, 3, 5, and 1 randomly throughout the day.

5) I've been convinced by @bubbaque to try running with a higher pH as he says it increases growth in his tank. I added 2 CO2 scrubbers and plumbed them to the skimmer. So far low around 8.2, high around 8.4. I'll let you guys know if my corals grow out of the water.
Capture+_2019-02-24-08-31-39.png

6) I finally gave in and ran some chemiclean after adding my new nem prop tank. Green cyano, which is a first for me as I've always gotten the purple, ran amuck in my display and the prop tank. I fought it naturally for a few months but had enough... Poof. Besides my skimmer overflowing like an active volcano, its great to see the tank again without all that green goo.

7) Still on my list... Upgrading my skimmer to an external skimmer, upgrading my return pump to a larger size, redoing my manifold, upgrading to a larger CaRX, and upgrading media reactors. I at least have all the new/used equipment ready to go, just need time to get in there and replace it all and plumb. So that means... 6 months later... :(

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also beautiful pics as always that last one I have no idea but in the back left what coral is that? Upscale microlades?
I'll be curious if anybody has a clue. I feel like I've seen that growth form somewhere else before but just can't put my finger on it.

Back left just imagine really pearly in person... Its a BC Pearly Cadaver.

justingraham

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll be curious if anybody has a clue. I feel like I've seen that growth form somewhere else before but just can't put my finger on it.

Back left just imagine really pearly in person... Its a BC Pearly Cadaver.
I think that looks nothing like my pearly weird
AE74A749-E39E-48FF-B12D-58AF76E958CB.jpeg

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back