FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These are new to me...

At what point did you decide you needed one?
I’ve always needed help with nitrate removal due to the dense population of larger fish I keep and my ridiculous feeding protocol. I’ve used a biopellet reactor in the past but now giving sulfur denitrator a try.
Do you run a denitrator 24/7?
It’s not online yet. Came in with a broken pump part but marine depot was all over it and rectified the issue.

iReefer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That Emp was truly magnificent! To house a Regal, Emp and Bandit at the same time is impressive, thought the Emp would have been aggressive towards any angel additions.

I only just found your thread so apologies if you’ve already answered this, can you tell me what this coral is? It looks like a monti/scroll coral of some sort, super cool looking.

816E44ED-0403-4A7E-8F6A-F087AB2ADCA2.png

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That Emp was truly magnificent! To house a Regal, Emp and Bandit at the same time is impressive, thought the Emp would have been aggressive towards any angel additions.

I only just found your thread so apologies if you’ve already answered this, can you tell me what this coral is? It looks like a monti/scroll coral of some sort, super cool looking.

816E44ED-0403-4A7E-8F6A-F087AB2ADCA2.png
Don’t forget the majestic angelfish I had in there too! :p

That’s my yellow scroll coral I’ve had for 13 years.
1400243D-F77B-4BF2-88CA-4DE50A7E687E.jpeg

iReefer12

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yes, the majestic too amazing. Any problems between the Regal and Emperor? Sad you had to remove him.

Ever do frags of the yellow scroll, that’s a really unique piece.

Don’t forget the majestic angelfish I had in there too! :p

That’s my yellow scroll coral I’ve had for 13 years.
1400243D-F77B-4BF2-88CA-4DE50A7E687E.jpeg

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, the majestic too amazing. Any problems between the Regal and Emperor? Sad you had to remove him.

Ever do frags of the yellow scroll, that’s a really unique piece.
Never had any issues with the regal and emperor. But I went with the rule of an over populated tank... basically enough fish that no fish hs an ability to stake out a territory so less likely to try to defend anything. If I only had the two angels in the tank instead of 6 angels and two larger tangs, the emperor may have bullied my regal.

Message me if you want a frag.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey had a question...how do you get your gyres to alternate on/off every minute? The maxpect controller only gives me the option for 10sec intervals max.
I’d have to look when I get back in town bud. I’ll let you know then.

edawq

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spent the last few days reading through the thread. New Zealand doesn't get the majority of the fancy sticks you've managed to add to your collection. I'll just drool from the other side of the world.

Thanks for sharing your journey so far!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spent the last few days reading through the thread. New Zealand doesn't get the majority of the fancy sticks you've managed to add to your collection. I'll just drool from the other side of the world.

Thanks for sharing your journey so far!
Thanks for following along on my journey! We are fortunate to have access to all these beautiful types of acros but I don’t think you’d like the prices associated with them in the States! :oops:

Happy New Years where you are and happy reefing in 2020!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so.. updates? Hows the reactor?
50 ppm nitrates going in and 2 ppm going out as of 4-5 days ago. I cranked up the effluent flow a bit and waiting for my needle valve to get in so I can fine tune it. I’m surprised how quickly it was already processing nitrates. The amount of nitrogen air in the reactor is a bit annoying right now though but I guess that means it’s working. It’s just loud as the bubbles get recirculated through the pump.

Hopefully it’ll get better as there is less nitrates to convert to nitrogen gas and my effluent flow is quicker allowing for the gas to exit the reactor better.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 65 39.4%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 36 21.8%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 58 35.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.6%
Back