OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is there a pic of the Baton rouge colony in here somewhere?
Probably! It isn't much of a looker at the par I have it though. I was hoping either accelerated growth or even more amazing colors at the higher par but neither were true. I was only reminded of how gorgeous it was when my frags of it in my frag tank at lower par started looking amazing.

Latest one I took at super high par. Its nice but apparently not as exciting than if in lower par.
ceca1d0ced72d8049cf73a309306137a.jpg

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely need a frag if that Baton Rouge!
It came from River City Aquatics Joe. He lost his colony so Gigem and I have the only real colonies of it that I know of. I sold a frag a week ago and there's one other person in Austin that has it. Its a gem! I need to move the colony down!

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It came from River City Aquatics Joe. He lost his colony so Gigem and I have the only real colonies of it that I know of. I sold a frag a week ago and there's one other person in Austin that has it. Its a gem! I need to move the colony down!

So let's change that number from 1 in Austin to 2. Or you can consider me dripping springs and keep the exclusivity ;)

dragon99

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Higher PAR seems to just make it darker. I agree the frags look amazing! If you need to spread the love, keep College Station in mind ;)

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Higher PAR seems to just make it darker. I agree the frags look amazing! If you need to spread the love, keep College Station in mind ;)
Yeah, it's just not as vibrant and bright!

I'll let you and Bpb fight it out! [emoji12]

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey farmer ty thank you for introducing me to Stratos from Printed3d.parts

He is awesome and I love everything I have gotten from him
Awesome Justin! He was like my local secret for printed goodies but happy to share the wealth!

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Didn't RCA close down?

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Didn't RCA close down?
Hey Travis, no. They are still open. You might be thinking of Niko's Reef or Just Reef... Both stores shut down last year in Austin... But they were also the two newest stores to open in the area.

Travis Stewart

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm coming to Austin next weekend, you're welcome to get me a goody bag ready lol
Hey Travis, no. They are still open. You might be thinking of Niko's Reef or Just Reef... Both stores shut down last year in Austin... But they were also the two newest stores to open in the area.

Ya I had been to Just Reef on the south side when living and going to school in San Marcos. RCA was always a little further so I always went to the dome and AAF. I'll be in Austin next weekend if you would like to get me a goody bag ready :)))

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm coming to Austin next weekend, you're welcome to get me a goody bag ready lol

Ya I had been to Just Reef on the south side when living and going to school in San Marcos. RCA was always a little further so I always went to the dome and AAF. I'll be in Austin next weekend if you would like to get me a goody bag ready :)))
I'll get you a high roller pack together. Just bring the title to your car and leave the keys. Free bus pass home with every high roller pack! [emoji12]

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha I'll make sure to bring a loaner. Do you order a lot of your stuff?
No sir. All home grown and what I've collected for myself over the 14 years of reefing. I'm not a coral flipper. [emoji23][emoji23]

I find gems at my LFSs and grow them out. I buy frags from other hobbyists and vendors as well.

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ty, I've got a frag of one of the maricultures I got that I think you will like. Pearly white base growing out to a deep purple...reminds me a bit of a pearlberry without the greenish hues. Trade for the Baton Rouge? ;)

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ty, I've got a frag of one of the maricultures I got that I think you will like. Pearly white base growing out to a deep purple...reminds me a bit of a pearlberry without the greenish hues. Trade for the Baton Rouge? ;)
Sounds like an a. plana. I've always liked their contrasting colors!

The Baton Rouge is pricey! Price set by RCA since my colony was grown from a frag he gave me as backup in case his colony died. And well, his did die. [emoji17]

Caravanshaka

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like an a. plana. I've always liked their contrasting colors!

The Baton Rouge is pricey! Price set by RCA since my colony was grown from a frag he gave me as backup in case his colony died. And well, his did die. [emoji17]

I’m sure we can work something out on one :D

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 15 20.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 2 2.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 38 52.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 7 9.6%
Back