OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting slowly back in the swing of things after the vacation. Had my portable AC unit stop working right before I left so I left the door open to the fish room for the normal HVAC to supply it but temperatures went up about 2 degrees. Also my white channel on one of my Ocean Revive units go the morning I left so 1/3 of the frag tank got the blue treatment for a bit. Finally, added two float valves and after 16 months of being in the new house, I automated my topoff. That even feels sad as I type it. ;Meh

Got back and everything checked out fine which was great. I went to replace any burnt out white diodes and realized half the blue diodes have black soot over them... just life of the fixture since I have been running them for 4 years... going on 5. I retired that fixture for spare parts and modified a new Ocean Revive fixture, replacing again, all green, red, and 10k diodes for 3.5k. I also added 4 True UV 395 nm diodes for that extra bit of pop.

Checked my other oldest fixture and saw the same blacking over of blue diodes and replaced it with a new fixture with the same custom light configuration above. I only burnt my hand once on the soldering gun so I consider that a good session.

Snapped a couple pics of my anemones for the Sunburst Marketplace group on Facebook which I frequent so I thought I would share here. I know... I come back from vacation and don't even post a picture of sticks... just gooey anemones.

Arizona Sunset Anemone
AZSunset2 (1 of 1).jpg

Mak Corals Inferno Anemone
MakInferno (1 of 1).jpg

Reefwise Lemondrop Anemone
ReefwiseLemondrop (1 of 1).jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Nice man looking good!

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, looks like I made it through 1,000 frag plugs since Jan 2017. That's between frags sold, plugs swapped on pieces I acquired, and I'm sure other miscellanous purposes. Either way, that was a startling revelation when I reached for another bag and there wasn't one! [emoji50]

1,200 purple frag plugs are on their way to me for 2018-2019!
743856954695b073c24307644ecfdf65.jpg

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't been posting the weekly/biweekly photos in my build thread of the anemone lighting experiment (moving anemones under LEDs to T5s for 3 months) because I figured too much documentation for anybody other than the people on the Facebook Colorado Sunburst marketplace.

So here is my last picture and my first picture. I'll take a side-by-side of LED anemones and their T5 counterparts this weekend and summarize my observations for all.

3 Colorado Sunbursts
3 Mak Corals Infernos
1 Reefwise Lemondrop

1st picture
8cd7d75c8f70cb9366df576ddb1f9a25.jpg

Last picture (3 months later)
6d53c22441d2a56e19b89f46dfb48ba3.jpg

NY_Caveman

likes words, fish and arbitrary statistics
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't been posting the weekly/biweekly photos in my build thread of the anemone lighting experiment (moving anemones under LEDs to T5s for 3 months) because I figured too much documentation for anybody other than the people on the Facebook Colorado Sunburst marketplace.

So here is my last picture and my first picture. I'll take a side-by-side of LED anemones and their T5 counterparts this weekend and summarize my observations for all.

3 Colorado Sunbursts
3 Mak Corals Infernos
1 Reefwise Lemondrop

1st picture
8cd7d75c8f70cb9366df576ddb1f9a25.jpg

Last picture (3 months later)
6d53c22441d2a56e19b89f46dfb48ba3.jpg

Um, just a little growth perhaps. Great job.

Reeftub

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow every time I come check you out on here everything is so colorful and growth is outstanding and with the move and alk drop and the water issues light issues your tanks still are healthy. I look at my tank that’s been running more than 4 yrs in the same house and hardly any issues and my tank is blown away by yours lol. One day when I have money lol I’ll come over to your candy store and buy one of each. You really do make it look easy bud.

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow every time I come check you out on here everything is so colorful and growth is outstanding and with the move and alk drop and the water issues light issues your tanks still are healthy. I look at my tank that’s been running more than 4 yrs in the same house and hardly any issues and my tank is blown away by yours lol. One day when I have money lol I’ll come over to your candy store and buy one of each. You really do make it look easy bud.

Thanks Reeftub! Its all smoke and mirrors! [emoji16]

There's been some months were its two steps back instead of two steps forward but you just have to chug on through and keep the end game in mind. At least that's how I approach reefing... Its not about the immediate... The payoff is much further down the road if I just keep pushing on.

Fudsey

Jack of all trades, Master of none ;-)
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @FarmerTy, I was just watching your youtube vid from your sig. Can you tell me what these 2 corals are? The one on the top and the one on the left.

Capture1.JPG

OP
OP
FarmerTy

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey @FarmerTy, I was just watching your youtube vid from your sig. Can you tell me what these 2 corals are? The one on the top and the one on the left.

Capture1.JPG
Left are grandis palys and top is Meteor Shower cyphastrea Fudsey! That's an old video you are watching. [emoji4]

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 3 33.3%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back