Fastest growing LPS?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ScottR
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
This acan has been in my system for 3 months

when I got him:
F9C01AA4-E9F8-473A-A1D0-BC2B774DCD08.png

Now, there are twice the new heads on the other side
372351C6-BA18-43A4-A51B-156553DF7E99.jpeg


Had these chalices three months
When I got them-
C0345C53-579F-424A-B3B6-8C455625CF94.png

Now-
DF9DD353-5391-4388-AFFA-A1FB74BBE44D.jpeg
F9F20007-15CB-4F79-9CB4-250FBAEDFDDE.jpeg


Other before and afters, all within 3 months. Too lazy to type.
749C2458-0AC9-451A-9574-662C19EF8988.png
32891315-6146-4DEE-9855-6DED0A514913.jpeg
537B541D-B514-4636-98EB-57F48761B02A.png
95E577A2-A58B-4EC8-BA37-69BB2B37C3E3.jpeg
Nice growth!
 
This thread is cracking me up, but as far as the OPs question, fastest growing LPS?

Id say caluastera curvata or ducanopsammia axifuga, especially if you spot feed them often.
 
Cyphastrea sp. got to be my fastest growing LPS, that's egg create underneath so no hiding how far they have grown from their base.




Cyphastrea Biz grow out.jpg





Cyphastrea Green grow out.jpg
Sps, but nice growth regardless!
 
Beautiful :)
Your scape is first class!!

this was about 2.5 heads when I got it last June :)
2A67E58C-50F4-412E-A43F-3F058F12586B.jpeg
Aw thank you! I’m not 100% happy with my scape just yet. I have a few more large rocks cycling that I want to use as a base to raise everything up a bit , thanks though!
Nice growth!
 
Sps, but nice growth regardless!

Ha , ha , I knew this would start a debate @ Hemmdog. Chyphastrea has been debated before on this forum, In my opinion it should be considered an LPS. Its is in the family of Merulinidae along with Trachy's. But as LPS and SPS are just a phrases, I will not argue either way. :)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.7%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 5.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 20.2%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 35 32.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 8.3%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 15 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 8 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new