Fat-bottomed worm in my refugium - ID please

katforscience

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am super new to the hobby, I have successfully cycled my 40gal breeder and have some lovely fish friends doing really well… however I decided to add a refugium in effort to up my ph and take care of excess nutrients in my tank and whatnot… I have sea lettuce and a bunch of copepods in there as well as some branching live rock… but today while I was staring into my refugium (which recently had a HUGE algae bloom, but thankfully only in my refugium and NOT my display ) I noticed this little wormy boy on the glass of my refugium… I have ruled out planaria as it has two round ends… however it moves like an earthworm, dragging its fat booty towards its head and moves quite slowly around the glass as well…I can’t find an answer to what this worm is… does anyone have any idea? Also I apologize for the horrible picture quality, but it should be clear enough to see the fat butt and two round ends :) also my light is on and it’s pink, but the worm is a creamy white color. thanks for help guys!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 28 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 107 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.6%
Back