Favorite and least favorite fish

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In keeping with my thread https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/reef-discussion/72911-favorite-least-favorite-corals.html, I thought I'd do one for fish. I'm torn for a favorite between the green mandarin and the marine betta. I might have to throw the scooter blenny in the mix too. I don't really have a least favorite, but it's probably some sort of grouper. I'll also state my perception at the beginning, that clowns and wrasses are the kings of the aquarium fish world. What are your favorites and least faves?

aquabull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Favorite fish: Liarnadella fasciatum (harlequin tusk) His grill's so big he can't close his mouf!
Most disliked fish Acanthurus bispinosus (bristletooth tang) Too aggressive for his lack of looks.

OP
OP
Russellaqua

Russellaqua

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Favorite fish: Liarnadella fasciatum (harlequin tusk) His grill's so big he can't close his mouf!
Most disliked fish Acanthurus bispinosus (bristletooth tang) Too aggressive for his lack of looks.
Harlequin tuskfish are nice. Blue teeth!

FishLipz

Cheap and Easy Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Favorite based on looks is either the bandit or regal angelfish. Personality would be toby puffers or lawnmower blennies. Least favorite has to be any damselfish other than clowns. Nasty little buggers!

ReeferBean

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite in my tank currently would be my male m meleagris (blackspotted leopard wrasse) now that its changed to its pretty colors.

Least favorite WAS a Male Squareback Anthias... he was a huge jerk face to everyone... killed my first lineatus... so he had to go. Now I'm not sure what my least favorite is... I'll need to let one of my little buddies know the bad news this evening.

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I'd say my Tomini bristletooth is my least and most favorite. He does his job like a champ but it a killer for sure. RIP Rabbitfish. I should probably discuss why I like mean fish with my therapist :)

What up Aquabull?......the Carolina's fish Guru for sure!!!!

aquabull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Speaking of...what do i have to do to get a piece of ATL forest fire digi, your highness!?!?

mainereefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
favorit fish is by far the sohal tang mine got to almost 10" then I gave him to a friend with a 300g tank

my favorite that I currently own is a half black mimic tang awesome colors and great personality

I cant think of any fish I really dont like

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ahhh man, I'm still trying to figure out how to answer the question as to my favorite and least favorite coral!!

Hmmmm...I'll keep it narrowed down to fish that I actually have...lol That'll make it an easier decision.

Lately, my favorite fish has become my Majestic Rabbit fish. However, it's a bit too friendly for my taste, as it likes to nibble on my hand/arm when I'm in the tank.
On the other end of the spectrum, right now, my least favorite fish would have to be my 1 Spot Foxface. It's a great fish, but I'm wanting to get rid of it and I know it's going to be tough to catch...lol. By the way, these two Rabbit fish are in different tanks.

My most favorite and least favorite change, depending on my mood, so take the above paragraph with a "grain of synthetic salt."

gooch

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hate that I can not have every fish I want..........I love that I still hope too.

Wife's Favorite Fish=Flame Hawk
Wife's least liked fish=Blue Gudgeon Goby
Daughters Favorite Fish= Blue Gudgeon Goby
My Favorite Fish= Big Angels with Emperor Angels right at the top.
Least Favorite Fish= Tank Raised Clowns that will not host in anemone's. I know they are awesome and most people go gaga for them. But I will take a wild pair of true percs over any other clownfish.

CTMarinelife

CTmarinelife
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sohal tang is a love and hate relationship, love its bold character and colors. Hate that I am so limited tang wise! Hippos he's fine with, yellow tang etc...No Way!

johnanddawn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fav = kole tang - best work horse in an aquarium and has a great look and personality as well
least = a toss up between two of my all time wants:
the gem tang - i know i will never be able to afford one :(
the achilles tang - the prospect for keeping one happy and healthy is so low i would never take the risk to try one

Last edited:

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my all time favorite would have to be a longhorn cowfish. Too bad they aren't reef safe though.

My least favorite is a snowflake eel that I used to have. It killed my favorite clams first by ripping their gills out and eating them right in front of me...

caudill187

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think my all time favorite would have to be a longhorn cowfish. Too bad they aren't reef safe though.

My least favorite is a snowflake eel that I used to have. It killed my favorite clams first by ripping their gills out and eating them right in front of me...

Ooooof. Rough!!!

aquabull

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll do my best to remember to bring you one next time I'm in town :)

My Liege,

In regards to a potential favorite fish that becomes most hated...that lunar wrasse the lfs guy sold you saying he was community. At first, it's cool, pink warpaint on a blue green body, but later, it changes. You add that really cool goby or basslet, and the personable wrasse scoops up the unsuspecting new arrival, and beats it on the rock until the good stuff comes out! All of a sudden, neither the wrasse, nor the lfs guy are as cool.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 71 53.0%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 68 50.7%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 34 25.4%
  • None.

Votes: 30 22.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 6.7%
Back