Favorite Blenny Species?

saltwaterfish.com

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 6, 2023
Messages
608
Reaction score
557
Location
Vero Beach
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blennies come in all shapes and sizes, with with different needs and characteristics that each suit their tank. I really love Midas Blennies because of their active nature, beautiful color, and little smiles. But I also love Molly Miller Blennies, they have strong personalities, great appetites, and short cute bodies. Pictured is one from my 13 named Jabba the Hut, she takes her namesake very seriously. What are your favorite blenny species, and why?



AR (1).png
 
There's so many blennies, it's really hard to pick just one.

Of the ones I've kept, I think the nod would go to my first blenny, a flametail blenny. He was one of my first fish (I think he was the second fish I added to my first tank), and he was just incredible. Tons of personality, I think even my cat loved watching him. He was also literally the only thing to survive my first tank crash, somehow surviving an entire day in a 98 degree tank that became choked with the guts of... everything that died.

I'm also rather fond of Midas and Starry blennies.
 
There's so many blennies, it's really hard to pick just one.

Of the ones I've kept, I think the nod would go to my first blenny, a flametail blenny. He was one of my first fish (I think he was the second fish I added to my first tank), and he was just incredible. Tons of personality, I think even my cat loved watching him. He was also literally the only thing to survive my first tank crash, somehow surviving an entire day in a 98 degree tank that became choked with the guts of... everything that died.

I'm also rather fond of Midas and Starry blennies.
That's one tough little fish I can see why you like them. I feel as though Starry Blennies don't get enough love in the hobby, they really are gorgeous and great algae eaters.
 
Gulf signal blenny and barnacle blenny (still trying to get one for my tank). Starry blenny used to be my favorite, but it was a really mean fish that claimed the entire 75g tank and bullied everything including killing my DG, so I had to rehome it.
 
This idiot is a pure menace and bites everything that goes into my 40b now. Including me daily.
P7040777.jpeg

This little cutie on the other hand is a model citizen, aside from going MIA 36 hours after purchase and being found 6-8 weeks later in the back AIO compartment of my bedroom tank
P7130897.jpeg
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 8 33.3%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 12 50.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 7 29.2%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new