Favorite fish in your tank?

pal98111

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many of us have a wide variety of fish in our tanks. From clown fish to tangs, there is a lot to choose from. I am wondering what is your favorite fish in your tank and why? Maybe it is the first fish you got, maybe it is the fish you have always wanted, or maybe you like how it interacts with its environment. Curious to see everyone's input!
My diamond goby. He has lots of personality. Always active and inspecting and modifying his sand cave, eats voraciously, and is not tolerant of hermits -- picks them up and throws them somewhere very rudely.

OP
OP
Gumbies R Us

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My diamond goby. He has lots of personality. Always active and inspecting and modifying his sand cave, eats voraciously, and is not tolerant of hermits -- picks them up and throws them somewhere very rudely.
Funny how he throws hermits around

7of9

Resistance is Futile.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want one like him!

AydenLincoln

Pufferfish lover!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Same! Hewbie says hello! And I’m wondering does your puffer chase his reflection/glass surf and get rub marks? Very common with them.
IMG_2442.jpeg

My favorite fish in my tank is my porcupine puffer, out of all the fish in my tank, he has the most personality. He's the fish on my profile picture and he's like a dog and that he'll follow you around the tank. Every time i'm around or doing somthing he's always looking at me like he's wondering what I'm doing and gets excited when I feed the tank
20230714_140036.jpg
20230714_135721.jpg
20230714_135954.jpg

alannasfishies

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many of us have a wide variety of fish in our tanks. From clown fish to tangs, there is a lot to choose from. I am wondering what is your favorite fish in your tank and why? Maybe it is the first fish you got, maybe it is the fish you have always wanted, or maybe you like how it interacts with its environment. Curious to see everyone's input!
I will never stop loving my seahorses. I have several different species and different set ups and I ever get tired of them. I love my filefish and my clowns, I adored the moorish idol I was given as a gift many years for the five years I had him — but I also felt sad for him sometimes. He was in a 110 and I still felt he would be happier in the ocean. I wouldn’t get one again. My seahorses are my favorite because I genuinely feel they are content within the confines of an able sized due due to their largely sedentary lifestyle, but they also have that exotic quality that makes me feel like I’m in the ocean when I stare at them for long enough . They also are very human in their pairing, docile, elegant. I think every person has a particular fish they’re just drawn to

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hard to pick just one… I love my Regal Angel, Foxface and Tilefish the most out of my 15/16 large fish.
IMG_7016.jpeg

IMG_6969.jpeg

IMG_6638.jpeg

And in my nano, I love my Yellow Clown Goby and Griessinger Goby the most!
IMG_6938.jpeg

IMG_0285.jpeg

Ocean_Queenie

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite fish in my tank is my porcupine puffer, out of all the fish in my tank, he has the most personality. He's the fish on my profile picture and he's like a dog and that he'll follow you around the tank. Every time i'm around or doing somthing he's always looking at me like he's wondering what I'm doing and gets excited when I feed the tank
20230714_140036.jpg
20230714_135721.jpg
20230714_135954.jpg
I have 1 too, look at that face, always smiling :)

i cant think

Wrasse Addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s hard to pick just one… I love my Regal Angel, Foxface and Tilefish the most out of my 15/16 large fish.
IMG_7016.jpeg

IMG_6969.jpeg

IMG_6638.jpeg

And in my nano, I love my Yellow Clown Goby and Griessinger Goby the most!
IMG_6938.jpeg

IMG_0285.jpeg

Turns out it’s interesting how this can change. However, here’s my 2 main favourites currently;
IMG_7792.jpeg

RichReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Molly Miller Blenny. Love the way it swims. How it interacts with the other fish. Just an overall fun fish. Fast. Agile.

Not to mention it eats everything. The entire list of pest algae and bacteria. And baby aiptasia.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 47 16.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back