Favorite lighting.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Tough question as everyone will have their own needs, taste, budget and tank Par requirements based on size of tank
My favorite for my large tank is Orphek Atlantik while for my other tanks are Ai Prime and Ai hydra 26 respectively

my Atlantiks:
99D2E646-BB79-4258-92A6-E805D2C76A3F.jpeg
3A8DB458-CAF0-4F24-8146-62F86CDD433A.jpeg

Last edited:

Hemmdog

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really like my 360x’s for color, for growth with led I would do radions. I haven’t seen some of the non mainstream brands in person like reefbreeders and all of those but I’ve heard good things. I like t5 supplement with all leds during peak intensity of the day, then just leds for a long 2-3 hour ramp down with blues and uv to make the corals pop.

OP
OP
Bruce Burnett

Bruce Burnett

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MH/T5ho hybrid. I like the modest cost of entry, ease of use, and fool proof growth and color success
That's what I used for years but don't like the heat generated. I always had to use a chiller and if the chiller was in the same room then between the lights and the chiller a lot of heat was added to the room. If you live where a lot of the year is cold I think it is a plus but if you live where it is hot no so much.

Coralgod69

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best of both worlds .... affordable and best overall "look" of a mixed reef w fish is hands down....kessils!! The only thing you sacrifice w them...is the true actinic pop. But u can easily supplement the tank w cheap single blue only led strips.

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's what I used for years but don't like the heat generated. I always had to use a chiller and if the chiller was in the same room then between the lights and the chiller a lot of heat was added to the room. If you live where a lot of the year is cold I think it is a plus but if you live where it is hot no so much.

I’ve been fortunate enough to never have to use a chiller. Even in central tx during the heat of summer. Temps never get above 80

LadyTang2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
MH/T5ho hybrid. I like the modest cost of entry, ease of use, and fool proof growth and color success
your tank looks good, whats your photoperiod and what are you using as a timer/controller for the lights?

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks! I have to reiterate I actually use a MH/LED combo, but given a choice at the same price I got this setup for I’d have opted for t5’s as supplements. I use an apex to control them. Just simple on/off programs no led ramping

Daniel Waters

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My favorite is T5 with LED combination. T5s give excellent uniform coverage, while the LEDs give me shimmer and controllability, so that I can tweak the overall tank color and run a better dawn / dusk period (visually speaking). You can certainly get a dawn / dusk look with T5s , but T5s just don't quite provide quite the same deep royal blues and violets as well as the LEDs do.

Sarah24!

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,

Gosh all I have ever used is led so it would be fun to find out. I’m the off name brand girl, and I have the current usa marine pro 4114, (x3), over my 240. They have been fantastic easy, and they grow everything.
I would be interested in adding t5 just for the colors. My leds are strip lights instead of pucks, so I have very small shadows if any. But if I can figure a way to make it work, I’d totally add T5 to the system.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back