Favorite Reefing Subject in the R2R School Of Reefing? Class is now in session!

If Reefing was a school what letter grade do you think you would be making?

• A

Votes: 81 12.4%
  • B

Votes: 275 42.0%
  • C

Votes: 221 33.8%
  • D

Votes: 49 7.5%
  • F

Votes: 24 3.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 4 0.6%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Welcome class!

Pretend you're in the R2R School of Reefing and you had to learn all you could about reefing while you were here. Like anything in life you're gonna have subjects that just bore you to tears or that you have no interest in at all. Maybe the subjects are just really hard to learn and are more work than fun. On the other hand there are those certain subjects that you just LOVE to learn about and LOVE to talk about! You get to "reefing class" early and stay late to talk about those subjects and it's the things that really keep you interested in reefing school. So let's talk about those subjects today! Ok class is now in session!

1. If R2R was a reefing school what would be your MOST FAVORITE subject?

2. What reefing subject would you consider to be an "advanced class" for you?

3. Finally, what subject do you DISLIKE the most?

school of reefing.jpg

AJsReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overall, I'd give myself a B. My reasoning is that if the "lab" grades were my ability to grow Acros then I wouldn't be doing too stellar. I've got to "sustained" level but not the amazing levels some have here LOL

- Favorite subject would have to be reef equipment and automation

- Advanced class, "Acropora growth and long term success" or "advanced water chemistry"

-
Dislike the most? Probably fish QT practices, understand the importance but would rather have someone else do my "homework"

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Overall, I'd give myself a B. My reasoning is that if the "lab" grades were my ability to grow Acros then I wouldn't be doing too stellar. I've got to "sustained" level but not the amazing levels some have here LOL

- Favorite subject would have to be reef equipment and automation

- Advanced class, "Acropora growth and long term success" or "advanced water chemistry"

- Dislike the most? Probably fish QT practices, understand the importance but would rather have someone else do my "homework"

Nice post!

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For reefing in general I’d give myself a B.

For coral macro photography I’d give myself an A.
BCF69E22-BBEE-488A-A223-2583CF0A3242.png

For Apex programming and automation, I’m the instructor with my series of Apex tutorials:

Last edited:

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
F - I dont have anything but a disgusting empty tank so far. My initial cycle has gone off the deep end and I cant seem to get anything right. Im reading a ton and learning as I go.
You'll get it someday don't worry. My tank had cyano for 4 months and I had tried everything. I got turbo snails and it just went away : )

maleks.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
F - I dont have anything but a disgusting empty tank so far. My initial cycle has gone off the deep end and I cant seem to get anything right. Im reading a ton and learning as I go.
Check out this video by Dr tim:

I managed to cycle my tank in 3 weeks. I had dry sand and dry rock and never used ammonia, just Dr tim's bacteria and flake food every couple of days.

maleks.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For reefing in general I’d give myself a B.

Coral macro photography I’d give myself an A.
BCF69E22-BBEE-488A-A223-2583CF0A3242.png

For Apex programming and automation, I’m the instructor with my series of Apex tutorials:
Ive been trying to do shots like this on my crappy phone but it never works out. What camera do you use? Anything special?

Floyd-

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You'll get it someday don't worry. My tank had cyano for 4 months and I had tried everything. I got turbo snails and it just went away : )
I know its just so much more involved than all the freshwater tanks ive ever had. Things I never knew or cared about now matter a great deal. My first and biggest mistake was dosing an entire bottle of ammonia over a week. The guy at the store said to add some. I thought that meant everyday...

maleks.reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im experiencing something similar. I recently found out that i have 0 PO4 in my 4 month old tank and I think that's what's killing my euphillia so I started feeding more reef roids and now the tank is covered with cyano, it is everywhere.
Hopefully it'll die out within a month or so.

Andreas' Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know its just so much more involved than all the freshwater tanks ive ever had. Things I never knew or cared about now matter a great deal. My first and biggest mistake was dosing an entire bottle of ammonia over a week. The guy at the store said to add some. I thought that meant everyday...
You are 100% right. I used to have a freshwater tank and it was alot less equipment and dosing and maintanence. And instructions can be hard : )

Aquatic acrobat in your aquarium: Have you ever kept an eel?

• I currently keep an eel in my tank.

Votes: 29 14.8%
  • I have kept an eel in my tank in the past.

Votes: 33 16.8%
  • I have not kept an eel in my tank, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 35 17.9%
  • I have no plans to keep an eel.

Votes: 96 49.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.5%
Back