Feather duster expected life span vs your experience

Hairyteeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s up everybody, I am curious how long everybody has been able to keep a feather duster alive?
I have a Hawaiian feather duster that just seems to grow and grow… I see info stating that they live to 1-1.5 years old? I feel like I’ve read somewhere that there is one in a German aquarium that’sbeen alive for 40 years!?!
So what’s your experience with those duster and how long have they been kicking?

MoMoTheMonster

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What’s up everybody, I am curious how long everybody has been able to keep a feather duster alive?
I have a Hawaiian feather duster that just seems to grow and grow… I see info stating that they live to 1-1.5 years old? I feel like I’ve read somewhere that there is one in a German aquarium that’sbeen alive for 40 years!?!
So what’s your experience with those duster and how long have they been kicking?
I've had my feather duster for a 1 year and about 7-8 months now and it's happy and healthy. I did think I lost it over a year ago when I was having some tank problems and it lost its crown but after a week or so it came back and has been fine ever since. I hope to have it much longer

Last edited:
OP
OP
H

Hairyteeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had my feather duster for a 1 year and about 7-8 months now and it's happy and healthy. I did think I lost it over a year ago when I was having some tank problems and it lost its crown but after a week or so it came back and has been fine ever since. I hope to have it much longer
Love it!
Mine also lost its crown, was in the first two months of having it, it was me I was learning with my first tank and very young and unstable tank with a rookie at the wheel driving fast….it’s been flourishing since and has attempted to spawn once, 2.6 years in my tank and going strong

Enderg60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had one for about 3 years until I took the tank down. I had it under a ledge getting medium flow.

OP
OP
H

Hairyteeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got to many to count or observe, all hitchhikers and seem to pop up here and there. Tank is 9 month old and most of them in it from the start.
I’m really interested in the big ones life span, the little ones are too hard to keep track of lol

Kmst80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m really interested in the big ones life span, the little ones are too hard to keep track of lol
Only got one big one...but it's a coco worm. I love the worms
20220723_115221.jpg

OP
OP
H

Hairyteeth

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That’s an old picture from October…I’ll post it’s current size when I get home, it’s grown 2” taller since

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 43.1%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 25 20.3%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 42 34.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.4%
Back