Feather duster or new head??

mazza

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Mar 8, 2024
Messages
67
Reaction score
12
Location
dublin Ireland
What state or country do you live in
Other International
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all noticed new heads growing on my coral I’m a beginner to the hobby and I’m struggling to identify if I have new heads growing or feather duster worms could someone please help me ID these in the video below and if so what’s the best way to get rid of should I leave them thanks.
 
Hi all noticed new heads growing on my coral I’m a beginner to the hobby and I’m struggling to identify if I have new heads growing or feather duster worms could someone please help me ID these in the video below and if so what’s the best way to get rid of should I leave them thanks.
IMG_1911.png

IMG_1912.png
 
Are these a problem and if so how should I remove them
They're not a problem. Mine tank has tiny ones over literally everything.
 
Not a problem. I believe they act like little filters. If they spread rapidly the appearance can be unsightly but nah they’re harmless.
 
That is a vermetid snail, not always do they have a white base.
They will become problematic is the long run. Hard to control that though. Remove it if you can.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new