Feather duster??

Beretta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed this feather like fan coming out of the side of my Duncan. Should I remove this off him but in doing so I do not want to damage my beautiful coral. Need help with this!! I though this was potentially just another head but now I am really unsure. IMG_8468.jpeg IMG_8462.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8469.mov
    39.3 MB
Last edited:

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Relax. I’ll notify the admins to remove the emergency tag.

You made 2 exact threads, so I’ll have that taken care of too.

Good luck. Share pics with white light. :)

OP
OP
Beretta

Beretta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A picture would help
I am trying to download the video and pics I took. Don’t know if it’s my service or the storm that’s screwing up my Wi-Fi but this site is obviously working against me. I did try to attach a video that doesn’t a seem to want to download. ‍♀️
Relax. I’ll notify the admins to remove the emergency tag.

You made 2 exact threads, so I’ll have that taken care of too.

Good luck. Share pics with white light.

Attachments

• IMG_8468.jpeg
    IMG_8468.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 27

ISpeakForTheSeas

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah, looks like a barnacle; I've heard the coral-boring ones typically last longer than other barnacles do, but - regardless - it shouldn't be an issue with where it's at.

Nano_Man

Anemone L
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just noticed this feather like fan coming out of the side of my Duncan. Should I remove this off him but I’m doing so I do not want to damage my beautiful coral. Need help with this!! I though this was potentially just another head but now I am really unsure.
Have you got a picture in white light for the members so they can help you out

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Pics are sort of orange making it hard to clearly see but appears to be a tube worm which emits its fan for feeding

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
I just noticed this feather like fan coming out of the side of my Duncan. Should I remove this off him but I’m doing so I do not want to damage my beautiful coral. Need help with this!! I though this was potentially just another head but now I am really unsure.
Can be scraped off. Regarding emergency . . . . .
Please Note: An emergency is a trauma or crisis situation in which one is losing fish rapidly, tank is leaking, coral suddenly turning white, as examples and these persons warrant immediate help and posting a basic question takes away from those who need immediate attention.
Just a clarification for you as if one day you have a true emergency, you cant get help fast enough and will hope someone is nt posting similar making you wait.
Hope you did get answer you were seeking

OP
OP
Beretta

Beretta

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My apologies in regards to what you may feel isn’t an emergency. I will make sure to not input that again but I truly was concerned and had no idea what was living on the skeleton of my Duncan and what is now introduced into my nano tank. It is a barnacle and ended up putting some super glue on him. I hate to kill anything but I just don’t want him to irritate my habitants. I won’t put the emergency tag on there again.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back