Features You Would Add To a Stand

Tbyram

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I added that I enjoy is a cat bench that just hangs on the front. Dixie seems to love it.
IMG_9550.JPG
IMG_9551.JPG
IMG_9552.JPG
IMG_9553.JPG

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One thing I added that I enjoy is a cat bench that just hangs on the front. Dixie seems to love it.
IMG_9550.JPG
IMG_9551.JPG
IMG_9552.JPG
IMG_9553.JPG
Now that is pretty cool

ThunderGoose

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a great collection of suggestions! I would like to have an easy way to install a shelf that is just large enough for a few small pieces of equipment or supplies, like my dosing pump.

I have an end table in the tank room (with doors) that houses dry supplies and test kits.

spiraling

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my list would be
1 - really really really big because its always cramped under there. Oh, or extra cabinets nearby. mmmmm maybe just an entire fish room attached to the stand.
2 - as mentioned already - ability to get things out from under it and dry under it.
3 - as mentioned already - attachment points that are waterproof on top, sides, and back. Need to hang a fuge light? check. Need to add a reactor? check
4 - I love the cat stand! I was thinking a bench that flipped down. I have a step stool next to the tank so I can reach the bottom.
5 - tool / towel / supplement storage. I've seen some with the metal kitchen baskets stuck to the door that looks good, but I would be afraid one would fall into the sump. So maybe just attachment points on the door too.
6 - worklight that is switched to on as you open the door.
7 - really cool exterior doors. I'll let you decide if that is metal, barnwood, whatever.

hockeyhead019

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I really love the shelf/drawer ideas. I think something that's nice to have is a little towel rack, either for regular towels or a roll of paper towels. I always keep a towel close to the tank for any spills or to dry off when I reach in to do something.

I also really like the idea of a separate electrical area. It doesn't have to be water tight but the separation can do nothing but help IMO.

George Lopez

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Doors doors everywhere a far as the eye can see... lol access is key if it's a metal stand removable panels and maybe a removable ledge if you can't have a permanent one.

Oh yea make sure you can pull out your sump from the front or side... i can't in my 44 so i can't give it agood cleaning :-/

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 24.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 19 18.6%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 27 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back