FedEx is the devil

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm really stressed right now and frankly... I just need to vent.
I ordered 4 anthias and a purple firefish from Blue Zoo Aquatics, my favorite online fish store. They shipped the package containing the fish to me priority overnight on Thursday set to arrive Friday morning by 10.30am. As I'm sure many of you have done, the morning of I checked the tracking and saw that it was in a state between BZA and myself and set to arrive on Monday even though it clearly stated overnight delivery. I called fedEx, as did BZA and the number of excuses that I've heard is absurd. FedEx told BZA that it was due to covid, while telling me a different reason each time ranging from 1) It was not put on the plane because there are an overabundance of packages right now due to the hurricane, 2) It missed its flight, 3) there's a backup in your state (this one was told to me before it even reached my state), 4) the shipper got it to us a day late....... Each time they told BZA or myself that they would get things taken care of and get it to us by no later than the following day, first that was Sat, then it was Sun, now of course, "No sir, it won't arrive to your house until Monday." The temperatures here have been very cold overnight, nearing freezing, while the anthia's high metabolism is sure to cause further problems. I'm distressed to say that I'm sure when the package arrives Monday it will be filled with beautiful but dead creatures.
*&%# FedEx.
Also any live animal not insured by fedex. Bummer, we all been there done that

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both FedEx and UPS are great where I live. USPS is horrible though. They only use PO Boxes here and are not available for package pick ups on Saturdays. If Monday is a Holliday the package can sit for 4 days before I am able to get it. If it is addressed to my house it can take even longer because the employees will wait to let me know it's there. But the absolute worse is Sure Post and Smart Post. Those packages can take a month to arrive.

Jmasonreef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ive had great results. Honestly amazes me that they can get a package across the country in a few hours for just $40 unbelievable. I can barely buy a few beers for that amount these days.

Chrisfish

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only time I order live stock delivered by FED EX is when I can pick it up, the ladies there are awesome!! On the other hand I’ve had friends order merchandise and said packages were thrown in the yard, boxes torn up and in someone else’s yard so delivery stinks, usps isn’t much better these days.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I'm really stressed right now and frankly... I just need to vent.
I ordered 4 anthias and a purple firefish from Blue Zoo Aquatics, my favorite online fish store. They shipped the package containing the fish to me priority overnight on Thursday set to arrive Friday morning by 10.30am. As I'm sure many of you have done, the morning of I checked the tracking and saw that it was in a state between BZA and myself and set to arrive on Monday even though it clearly stated overnight delivery. I called fedEx, as did BZA and the number of excuses that I've heard is absurd. FedEx told BZA that it was due to covid, while telling me a different reason each time ranging from 1) It was not put on the plane because there are an overabundance of packages right now due to the hurricane, 2) It missed its flight, 3) there's a backup in your state (this one was told to me before it even reached my state), 4) the shipper got it to us a day late....... Each time they told BZA or myself that they would get things taken care of and get it to us by no later than the following day, first that was Sat, then it was Sun, now of course, "No sir, it won't arrive to your house until Monday." The temperatures here have been very cold overnight, nearing freezing, while the anthia's high metabolism is sure to cause further problems. I'm distressed to say that I'm sure when the package arrives Monday it will be filled with beautiful but dead creatures.
*&%# FedEx.
Don’t know why any shipper/carriers are accepting packages and money from sender for overnight shipping when they darn well know they can’t meet delivery.
i have learned , the best days to ship are Tuesday and Wednesday. After the weekend rush and before the coming weekend

SoAg Reefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the Kernersville hub that is awful. Did the same to me and Im right down the street from you in Lewisville. FedEx as whole isnt terrible but the deliveries out of the Kernersville hub have been on the news recently as awful. With that being said I had a delivery to my tank at my office outside Raleigh and they failed that as well lol.

OP
OP
Neuratox

Neuratox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Both FedEx and UPS are great where I live. USPS is horrible though. They only use PO Boxes here and are not available for package pick ups on Saturdays. If Monday is a Holliday the package can sit for 4 days before I am able to get it. If it is addressed to my house it can take even longer because the employees will wait to let me know it's there. But the absolute worse is Sure Post and Smart Post. Those packages can take a month to arrive.
I haven't even heard of sure post or smart post. I'm just lucky that BZA knows how to pack 'em and was willing to send replacements for the ones that were lost in transit. Definitely a sure way to keep my business! FedEx on the other hand.... HA!

OP
OP
Neuratox

Neuratox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only time I order live stock delivered by FED EX is when I can pick it up, the ladies there are awesome!! On the other hand I’ve had friends order merchandise and said packages were thrown in the yard, boxes torn up and in someone else’s yard so delivery stinks, usps isn’t much better these days.
This is insane! It really sucks as the recipient, because the delivery company (regardless of who it is) doesn't care since you're not the one paying. :mad:

OP
OP
Neuratox

Neuratox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's the Kernersville hub that is awful. Did the same to me and Im right down the street from you in Lewisville. FedEx as whole isnt terrible but the deliveries out of the Kernersville hub have been on the news recently as awful. With that being said I had a delivery to my tank at my office outside Raleigh and they failed that as well lol.
I'll have to look that up for a good laugh/shock value. Glad to hear that there are others nearby. I've got some friends who are interested in buying my old tank once everything is transferred to the new one in a few months. I've met surprisingly few around here that love fish/coral.
I work at Wake Forest and before Covid I would regularly have the fish sent to the campus. Always worked out well when I did that.

OP
OP
Neuratox

Neuratox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don’t know why any shipper/carriers are accepting packages and money from sender for overnight shipping when they darn well know they can’t meet delivery.
i have learned , the best days to ship are Tuesday and Wednesday. After the weekend rush and before the coming weekend
Thats a good idea. It's always easiest to take a little time off Friday between meetings to take care of the fish, but if it means a better chance of timely arrival, I'll start doing this! Good tip!

Ippyroy

Defeater of Dinos
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't even heard of sure post or smart post. I'm just lucky that BZA knows how to pack 'em and was willing to send replacements for the ones that were lost in transit. Definitely a sure way to keep my business! FedEx on the other hand.... HA!
They are when USPS finishes the delivery for FedEx and UPS. Amazon uses it a lot.

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your move, FedEx

Screenshot_20201021-175011.png

92Miata

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh oh.

Screenshot_20201021-224410.png

toadstool_paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s one for a good laugh: my shipment of nutri seawater was shipped via FedEx and the pic attached is how it arrived, half empty and leaking...not even in its original packaging which means they smashed it and put it in a new box while it was leaking haha..and this was after 2 previous failed “lost in transit” packages.

BBF11974-DD09-4D10-92CD-A2B64A22B175.jpeg

38bill

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ordered a pair of Hawaiian Flame Wrasse direct from Hawaii. Shipped UPS that delivered them the next afternoon. Both were DOA and the water temp was 36deg. Never did figure out what went wrong so the replacement fish were picked up directly at the airport.

argiBK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Just want to chime in with my recent experiences.

Fedex failed to deliver livestock two days in a row now. Both days, I've been home (I've WFH since NYC has been on quarantine back in March), both days, the driver didn't knock on my door and I've directly gotten email notifications that I missed delivery.

Thankfully, the call center has been very accommodating to try and redirect the driver to designated drop off locations.

I really wish more places would use UPS to fulfill livestock orders, they have a 100% success record with my orders. Fedex in NYC is pretty bad (unless I'm shipping to my office, which is impossible these days), with the only delivery worse being USPS.

LeftyReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are when USPS finishes the delivery for FedEx and UPS. Amazon uses it a lot.

if you have a UPS premium account, they will (automatically) upgrade all of your smartpost/surepost packages to UPS ground for free. When amazon or anybody else ships you a package this way, UPS will automatically upgrade it to UPS ground delivery. Its included with a premium membership. I ship and rec'v a lot of packages, so it's worth it to me to pay the couple bucks per month for the premium account.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back