Fedex......uuuuuggghhhh!!!!!

davelink

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
thats crazy i always hear people ripping on usps but thats all i ever use and never have a problem. i always see stories like this about fedex and ups. how often does fedex boof up for you guys? u ever use usps troy?

OP
OP
Troylee

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's put it this way I have shipped about 10 boxes in my life and fedex has screwed up 3 of them go figure.... I have never used USPS just for that fact I don't want to lie about a liquid being in there and get caught..:( not my cup of tea I have been meaning to go to my main post office and chat with a supervisor and see what I can work...the rates fedex charges me makes it not worth even selling really those 2 boxes I shipped the other day were over $100 to ship a piece that's nuts!!!!

Lateral72

Chaetodontidae
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let's put it this way I have shipped about 10 boxes in my life and fedex has screwed up 3 of them go figure.... I have never used USPS just for that fact I don't want to lie about a liquid being in there and get caught..:( not my cup of tea I have been meaning to go to my main post office and chat with a supervisor and see what I can work...the rates fedex charges me makes it not worth even selling really those 2 boxes I shipped the other day were over $100 to ship a piece that's nuts!!!!
Shipping Perishable, Liquids, Most Live Animals (Fish are accepted) is all fine with USPS. You just need to declare them properly. They'll mark a little sticker, put it on top and your package is on its way.
526 Mailable Live Animals

(General with more info on liquids, perishable, live, etc..)
1 Introduction

fab1971

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good to hear Troy! I'd say about 1 percent of packages get delayed, less then that get delivered on the wrong day and the percentage of lost packages are pretty rare. Of course you're going to read about that. Everyone is worried, ticked off and stressed so they share their negative experience, whether it be ups, fedex or usps. But truth be told, how many of us get on the boards and write a review when delivery gets to us on time. Shoot, the only 2 times I've mentioned carriers in the past 20 years was when the post office misdelivered my package to another state and when fed ex was 3hrs late with their priority delivery. The hundreds of times I got my delivery on time I've never once got on here and shouted praise for them. It's always been praise for the vendor or seller. Lee, you either have extremely bad luck or a delivery curse was put upon you, lol. Better luck in the future bro. And everyone, look out for weather reports on hubs and routes before shipping, which can affect delivery times. I make sure to check memphis weather and the destination zip if shipping fed ex.

returnofsid

Moderator Extrodinaire
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everything I've ever shipped, except 1 box, were all shipped USPS. I've told them, every time, what the contents are, including that they are in salt water. They're always really intrigued, curious, but have never given me any issues, once knowing the contents.

Really glad to hear everything arrived safe and sound! I'm shipping some things, tomorrow, and will be stressed about it, as usual, until I've heard that they've arrived safe and sound!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 91 80.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back