Feed a reef tank

  • Thread starter Thread starter rkseaslug
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

rkseaslug

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 17, 2011
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
Location
San Francisco
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I current feed my takes 3 times week. Oyster eggs one day, mysis shrimp one day, and powder reef chili on the third day. What are you guys feed your reef tanks and how often? I only target feed scans and dendro's. Do you guys target feed everything?
 
I feed rotifers, mysis, phyto, reef chili, reef crack, coral smoothie, spectrum pellets and algae(there may be a few that I am forgetting). I use selcon and garlic for additives. I feed every two to three days. I only target feed the reef chili and coral smoothie. No set one I choose on which day I just grab one that catches my eye.
 
I feed rotifers, mysis, phyto, reef chili, reef crack, coral smoothie, spectrum pellets and algae(there may be a few that I am forgetting). I use selcon and garlic for additives. I feed every two to three days. I only target feed the reef chili and coral smoothie. No set one I choose on which day I just grab one that catches my eye.

How do you like that coral smoothie? I currently spot feed the fish almost every day (they eat out of the turkey baster like a mysis nipple). I spot feed the acans and torch fauna marin LPS pellets every few days. I also every once and a while target feed the zoas with fauna marin Zoa food. I broadcast feed coral frenzy about once a week. KZ coral vitalizer before hand to get the polyps out.
 
I haven't had it very long. But it seems to be good stuff.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 36.7%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 9 30.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 13.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.0%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 2 6.7%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new