Fellow Jacksonville reefers

Ciglesias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there fellow Florida reefers. I’m relatively new in the reefing world (almost a year) and it’s going great. I live in the Jacksonville area and was wondering if anyone else in this forum is also. I’m always down to meet fellow reefers and exchange awesome frags.

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there fellow Florida reefers. I’m relatively new in the reefing world (almost a year) and it’s going great. I live in the Jacksonville area and was wondering if anyone else in this forum is also. I’m always down to meet fellow reefers and exchange awesome frags.
@cracker might know?

cracker

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya Cig, There are several on Face book Jax reef club for one I'm sure. Maybe duval reef keepers I heard of another just south in Clay county. I need to inquire about that one. Jax Reef used to have our own website & monthly meeting s etc. That was fun.
There is a real nice shop"Bio Reef" off of Beach Blvd. Another in Mandarin & another out at the beach. Not sure the name. There is OPA here in Orange Park.
I'm unfortunately short on frag to trade but I would be interested in purchase.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Ciglesias

Ciglesias

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ya Cig, There are several on Face book Jax reef club for one I'm sure. Maybe duval reef keepers I heard of another just south in Clay county. I need to inquire about that one. Jax Reef used to have our own website & monthly meeting s etc. That was fun.
There is a real nice shop"Bio Reef" off of Beach Blvd. Another in Mandarin & another out at the beach. Not sure the name. There is OPA here in Orange Park.

Hey cracker! Thanks for the reply. I’m pretty familiar with those stores that’s where I currently get my coral/livestock. Just been looking for people maybe to trade frags or just converse with who ask live in jax!

I looked into those Facebook groups, but none seem to be active :( if you are from Jax I live in the orange park area and I’m always down to discuss tanks and learn more about the hobby!

ReefersDelite

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orange Park here too. Duval Reefkeepers is more active then Clay County Reefkeepers but I do like the clay too. DRK has a sales page that you can sell and trade on. I get frags from members all the time. I’m looking to do another meet up at OPA in the future. The last one that we had there was a blast.

Nomer Penaranda

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Orange Park here too. Duval Reefkeepers is more active then Clay County Reefkeepers but I do like the clay too. DRK has a sales page that you can sell and trade on. I get frags from members all the time. I’m looking to do another meet up at OPA in the future. The last one that we had there was a blast.

Nice been looking for a group in my area, im from orange park the group i joined in is centeal florida haha

bigredreefer91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread but I live in op as well and am just getting into the hobby would love to see if Jason would do a Christmas meetup at opa

Bernie21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I've been out of the hobby for a few years, since moving up here. I'm finally settled enough to where I can try to get back in. I'd like to have more exposure to successful setups, tanks, knowledge and changes since I've been out a bit. I was wondering if there's a club that meets or speaks regularly and if so where and when? If not, anyone interested?

It doesn't seem to have a lot of activity on the local forums, I may just be at the wrong place. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks

Bryan68

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all,

I've been out of the hobby for a few years, since moving up here. I'm finally settled enough to where I can try to get back in. I'd like to have more exposure to successful setups, tanks, knowledge and changes since I've been out a bit. I was wondering if there's a club that meets or speaks regularly and if so where and when? If not, anyone interested?

It doesn't seem to have a lot of activity on the local forums, I may just be at the wrong place. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Good morning Bernie21, I don't have Facebook, but I know of a Facebook group called "Duval Reef Keepers", not sure how active the group is.
I would be interested in any type of club in our area, if ever available.

Bernie21

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"see a need, fill a need"

I'll see if I can find them online then share here. If they're not active and we're not finding anything, we might have go about correcting that. Though, I'm not sure I'm there person who is best fitted for this, as I currently am empty handed.

JAMreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know this is an old thread, but was wondering if you guys were ever able to get a local reef club going? I live in Clay county

MacdaRippa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys, I live in St Augustine and would definitely be interested in getting a page up and running, we would a few admins and I would like it to be separate from FB. FB is terrible for the mind and I would rather avoid it! We obviously could use FB as a way to invite new members. Let me k ow if anyone is interested, I have a background in site design, admin, and would be willing to take it on but need some moderators on board and at least 2 more admins.
Ross

Panama Brown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey cracker! Thanks for the reply. I’m pretty familiar with those stores that’s where I currently get my coral/livestock. Just been looking for people maybe to trade frags or just converse with who ask live in jax!

I looked into those Facebook groups, but none seem to be active :( if you are from Jax I live in the orange park area and I’m always down to discuss tanks and learn more about the hobby!
Recently I hosted a Frag Swap in conjunction with Mandarin Sea Life. We had an awesome turnout and plan to do more events in the near future. I'm hoping these events can spawn a new local "Club". We shall see. Reach out anytime if you have any questions :)

Attachments

• Mandarin Sea Life & duval reefers present (1).png
    Mandarin Sea Life & duval reefers present (1).png
    580 KB · Views: 48

Panama Brown

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys, I live in St Augustine and would definitely be interested in getting a page up and running, we would a few admins and I would like it to be separate from FB. FB is terrible for the mind and I would rather avoid it! We obviously could use FB as a way to invite new members. Let me k ow if anyone is interested, I have a background in site design, admin, and would be willing to take it on but need some moderators on board and at least 2 more admins.
Ross
Did you ever get around to starting this page? If so, where can I find it? Like you, I want to see more community here in Duval. All the other clubs have fizzled out. There is a need for more community!!! Let's do this!!! I put on an event recently at Mandarin Sea Life, were you able to make it?

Back