OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What tank are you using for that, and what are the dimensions?

Here’s my 48x24x6.5(high).
6E57F255-644D-4FFC-A7B6-136382393DF3.jpeg
A3B75C28-0285-414D-AEAD-131B58E1580D.jpeg

C5BD3ECC-FF76-4DB1-B7D8-A14A0D1D5CB6.jpeg
This is awesome!
@6.5" tall your probably working with same water level as me. Or less to tops of some of those corals.
Think my shallowest tables is around 3-4" of water cover!

xiaoxiy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is awesome!
@6.5" tall your probably working with same water level as me. Or less to tops of some of those corals.
Think my shallowest tables is around 3-4" of water cover!
It’s not my favorite part of the tank for sure. I wish it were 12 inches. On the flip side, it gives me the same footprint with less volume (easier to move water with a single powerhead)

mwoodard14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those edges at top of table remind me of mixing tables I used. What did you use for table?

Man those lowboys are looking more and more appealing. I'm on fence between those and 40 Breeders. Its been a nightmare trying to get flow fine tuned in these super shallow tables but I think if done right I could make those lowboys work and have more foot print to work with! Tough decision

I have a 10 gallon cheapy I set up for quarantine. Quick set up and take down. I just take a piece of rock from sump with heater and small air stone and good to go for what I need.
I run shroom dominant tables so my QT Is a little different. Try to remove all old plug or anything that shroom comes on. Have to get surgical with small battery dremel with diamond blade most of time. Well worth the just a tiny spot of the wrong nuisance algae can become a total nightmare. I just learned from that mistake!
From there they get bayer dip. Rinse then into melafix. Idk what it is about melafix but most worms don't like it. Whatever the bayer doesn't get melafix usually does trick. From there they get 2hr cipro bath at lights out. Depending on shroom they may stay in QT and get 2 more Cipro baths for another 48 hrs.
When I set up my new tables I will most likely keep my 2 old faithful tubs to use as quarantine tables or at least one.
It’s a 24”x48”x8” hydroponic flood table

The most difficult thing was getting my light set to the correct height. I’m using T5’s on this table, I think I could use this light fixture over a bigger table (48”x48”x8”) with low light at the edges and higher light in the center.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s a 24”x48”x8” hydroponic flood table

The most difficult thing was getting my light set to the correct height. I’m using T5’s on this table, I think I could use this light fixture over a bigger table (48”x48”x8”) with low light at the edges and higher light in the center.
Right on nice I was looking at the heavy duty deep ones. Only come in white though its what alot of wholesalers are using looking at some of the farms.
Just don't know how I feel about the white.
Yeah I just raised my v2+ to get better coverage on edges. I may go with t5 kit when I upgrade so I don't burn up my stuff in the middle.

mwoodard14

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right on nice I was looking at the heavy duty deep ones. Only come in white though its what alot of wholesalers are using looking at some of the farms.
Just don't know how I feel about the white.
Yeah I just raised my v2+ to get better coverage on edges. I may go with t5 kit when I upgrade so I don't burn up my stuff in the middle.
Yes the white flood tables are deeper and more “robustly” built... I was able to find this one at a local hydroponic store so I didn’t have to pay shipping.

LegendaryCG

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On my old system I had over 750 gallons connected. Tank crash killed everything in all tanks. Never again will I run a frag tank connected to the main system.
Thanks for the good info and sorry for the loss. Feels like a lot more work to keep multiple systems but I understand the logic.

Davey-Jones’-Locker

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
AA443F2E-C589-439A-9FE6-63DD20B9F198.jpeg

Just set this baby up. Drilled 40B with a crystal 30 sump. Two bulb T-5’s running B+ and actinic and crappy led (soon to be upgraded). 2 constant pumps on the bottom to keep detritus moving and 2 Jebao RW4 alternating in reef crest mode.
Livestock includes bicolored foxface, scopas tang, lawnmower blenny, six line wrasse and 5 chromis.

FREAKINRICAN69

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Those edges at top of table remind me of mixing tables I used. What did you use for table?

Man those lowboys are looking more and more appealing. I'm on fence between those and 40 Breeders. Its been a nightmare trying to get flow fine tuned in these super shallow tables but I think if done right I could make those lowboys work and have more foot print to work with! Tough decision

I have a 10 gallon cheapy I set up for quarantine. Quick set up and take down. I just take a piece of rock from sump with heater and small air stone and good to go for what I need.
I run shroom dominant tables so my QT Is a little different. Try to remove all old plug or anything that shroom comes on. Have to get surgical with small battery dremel with diamond blade most of time. Well worth the just a tiny spot of the wrong nuisance algae can become a total nightmare. I just learned from that mistake!
From there they get bayer dip. Rinse then into melafix. Idk what it is about melafix but most worms don't like it. Whatever the bayer doesn't get melafix usually does trick. From there they get 2hr cipro bath at lights out. Depending on shroom they may stay in QT and get 2 more Cipro baths for another 48 hrs.
When I set up my new tables I will most likely keep my 2 old faithful tubs to use as quarantine tables or at least one.
Sorry for the dumb question but what’s a cipro bath.

ylreefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well there are definitely some next level frag tanks in here . I wish I had the space for such a set up.

Being in the most expensive city in the world though doesn't really allow for thr real estate.

On that note allow me to bring it back to reality for the daily hobbiest and introduce you to the smallest frag system in the forum. Lol.

Its a work in progress and should be wet in a few days. Back story is a upgraded to the RS P650 about a year ago, big by local Standards (meaning there was no way the wifey was going to allow another tank in the house. Beside the 10g planted one that is .

I had frags in the RS sump chamber where the fuge would normally go. It was small but did the job. For a while. Recently I gave away the all the frags and set up a fuge.

Week passes by and I'm like dang.. I need a place for frags . So got to work on this.

This is a diy and will. Sit where the RS ato would normally sit. Get fed from the manifold and overflow back into chamber 1. Pretty straightforward. Was the only place I could think of getting some frags and itholdabout 30 nicely. Lit by a Maxspect r420r and hopefully grows some frags .

Maybe I can give you all some ideas maybe not but it's all I can think of for now lol.

20210424_120426.jpg 20210425_001415.jpg

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for the dumb question but what’s a cipro bath.
Hi man I've see @Eagle_Steve describe describe it best. And @AquaBiomics has a nice thread with some awesome science and data findings on the use of cipro on the reef.
I run a mushroom dominant system at the moment. I use Ciprofloxacin more as safe guard against bringing bacterial infections into my system. Shrooms and anemones are more known to carry and be highly susceptible to certain infections and ive had great success fighting certain infections and bringing a cpl shrooms back from the dead with it.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I envy all the Folks who posted such beautiful SPS Frag Tanks! Congrats on your success.

I tried so many times to start a "SPS" Frag tank and failed each time.

My 35 Gal Design should have worked but without Nutrients is had no chance.

2019-05-10_FragTank.jpg

2017-08-04_FragHoldingTank.jpg

2019-07-07_35GalFragTank-MegaStart.jpg

The 35G Sits on top of my Old 65 Gal DT after I upgrade to 110G.
I used it for my Salt Water Reservoir.

2019-04-15-NewFragTank1-IMG_1179.jpg

2019-07-13-FragTankLeftOvers.jpg

I know part of the problem is my Frag Tank isn't hooked up to DT. Plumbling not possible (or difficult).
Thus my Frag Tank is isolated. It has a built in Mini filter/Algae Scrubber.
Runs on Auto Daily Water changes.

I even tried adding Fish for nutrients,. Still no luck.

So the Good old 35 Gal is just a holding tank for anything but SPS.

51136836908_53faa15c1f_h.jpg

Currently Holding a pile of Hand me down Live Rock.
My bubble Coral that out grew my 90 Gallon Tank.
And few Shrooms and a bunch of Trumpets and Frogspawns.

At least The two Picsaso Cowns have a nice Home.

Last edited:

tippin.turtle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1619329417522.png

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 80 38.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 12.5%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 31 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back