Literally just found that this guy walked out again
PXL_20210423_033748301.jpg

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see no problem there. If there is one, then I need to go to the therapist with you lol.
Its tele-health. I’ll give you the link to Zoom in.
If your therapist recommends a friend helping to clear your hoarding addiction... ill be that friend...
Reefers are so kind. Always willing to help each other in times of crisis. :D
Dude the OG bounce on the bottom though! Bonkers man please let me know if she drops a natural pup!

Alrigjt i need to take high blood pressure medicine now this got me amped up wifes looking at me like I'm crazy hahaha
CD2DEDEC-9160-4747-9DEB-ABE69B16EC3B.jpeg
Thank you! And I hate her... she hasn’t split in 2-3 years. Don’t have the Magic mushroom touch.
I’ve been meaning to ask ty, are those green mushrooms between the tiles in the second picture?
They’re actually mini-carpet anemones. Got one back in 2007 and they’ve always just traveled with me from each upgrade and move. I actually recently pulled them from that tank and donated them to my LFS to sell. They didn’t bother me but when I took my pics, it was distracting to the picture.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Its tele-health. I’ll give you the link to Zoom in.

Reefers are so kind. Always willing to help each other in times of crisis. :D

Thank you! And I hate her... she hasn’t split in 2-3 years. Don’t have the Magic mushroom touch.

They’re actually mini-carpet anemones. Got one back in 2007 and they’ve always just traveled with me from each upgrade and move. I actually recently pulled them from that tank and donated them to my LFS to sell. They didn’t bother me but when I took my pics, it was distracting to the picture.
Man I just reread the last paragraph a few times it reads like a gripping opening paragraph to a novel and you know he's going to be your favorite character.
Yeah so for about 15 years they just kinda grew everywhere on the great barrier reef but they had to go because it was messing up my photo shoots hahaha
I love it man

Fishy Jacket

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Clearly this is a group that knows what they are doing! Congrats to all!! ;Woot
Just wondering...How do you approach quarantine for new frags? Totally separate tanks for that?

turbo21

Fenchies and Fish Oh My
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got 2 primes over my frag tank.. its not really doing great but I don’t attribute that to the primes. Do people typically run connected frag tanks or independents.
On my old system I had over 750 gallons connected. Tank crash killed everything in all tanks. Never again will I run a frag tank connected to the main system.

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering...How do you approach quarantine for new frags? Totally separate tanks for that?
QT frag tank. That’s what I do. I have a 24”x36”x10” that can be setup in minutes with a diy 20 long sump. I dip new arrivals, qt them and have numerous treatments at the ready if needed.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here’s one of mine
D4514940-6943-4A2F-B205-E1E4DD4284FA.jpeg
Those edges at top of table remind me of mixing tables I used. What did you use for table?

@LRT They are 50 gallon low boys drilled
Man those lowboys are looking more and more appealing. I'm on fence between those and 40 Breeders. Its been a nightmare trying to get flow fine tuned in these super shallow tables but I think if done right I could make those lowboys work and have more foot print to work with! Tough decision

I have a 10 gallon cheapy I set up for quarantine. Quick set up and take down. I just take a piece of rock from sump with heater and small air stone and good to go for what I need.
I run shroom dominant tables so my QT Is a little different. Try to remove all old plug or anything that shroom comes on. Have to get surgical with small battery dremel with diamond blade most of time. Well worth the just a tiny spot of the wrong nuisance algae can become a total nightmare. I just learned from that mistake!
From there they get bayer dip. Rinse then into melafix. Idk what it is about melafix but most worms don't like it. Whatever the bayer doesn't get melafix usually does trick. From there they get 2hr cipro bath at lights out. Depending on shroom they may stay in QT and get 2 more Cipro baths for another 48 hrs.
When I set up my new tables I will most likely keep my 2 old faithful tubs to use as quarantine tables or at least one.

FarmerTy

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your pic is disqualified due to having sweet looking large colonies in your frag tank!

FYI if the therapist says downsize and get rid of some give me a call...my therapist says coral make me happy.....
Those are my XL frags!

WIReefer

608 MOD SQUAD
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LRT ive also got a 40b also setup. I think I’m going l to like these better just cause of the length and space. The tank on the right will be sps only I have a gyre and tunze powerhead for flow. And a vectra m2 for return. I’m thinking the flow will be nice.

OP
OP
LRT

LRT

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@LRT ive also got a 40b also setup. I think I’m going l to like these better just cause of the length and space. The tank on the right will be sps only I have a gyre and tunze powerhead for flow. And a vectra m2 for return. I’m thinking the flow will be nice.
Yeah you guys pretty much almost have me convinced to go with lowboys. With my shrooms its really tricky to get flow right. Some don't like alot, some don't care if they are blasted. Some bounces won't even really inflate if too much flow over them. I think I can fix that with more return and turnover through the system and proper overflow. I think I have the flow puzzle figured out. Its been the most difficult to achieve this last year.
I'm really thinking about doing other stuff though. I like the 40's because I can shelf and get higher intensity needy corals up to where they need to be.
Shrooms are limiting me there as well I guess haha. I could hang racks but idk if that would get me to where I need to be.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back